BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am missing two screws from my motorized fold in M3 mirrors. They are the gold torx head screws that hold the two mirror pieces and the folding motor together. No hardware store has them and BMW doesn't have them. Does anyone know if the stock E46 mirrors also have these screws?:banghead:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure. But it's the thread pitch that is the problem.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Go buy a thread pitch measuring tool it will come in handy. For example, I recently found out that the brake bleeder screws may have a 9mm head, but the thread is 8x1.25mm.

Yeah, Ace should have it, but it's imperative that you know the proper size and pitch. The problem I've had is finding places with a nice selection of metric.

Was there any pun intended? You are screwed?:lmao: Sorry.

I'm sure you can find it, it's not that rare of a part.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OPTIMO said:
Go buy a thread pitch measuring tool it will come in handy. For example, I recently found out that the brake bleeder screws may have a 9mm head, but the thread is 8x1.25mm.

Yeah, Ace should have it, but it's imperative that you know the proper size and pitch. The problem I've had is finding places with a nice selection of metric.

Was there any pun intended? You are screwed?:lmao: Sorry.

I'm sure you can find it, it's not that rare of a part.
Maybe a little bit of pun intended..... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts