BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im now part of the VF-Engineering family with my supercharged e46 M3!!!

Ive been wanting to go forced induction for a while now and pulling the trigger on a Stage 2 supercharger from VF-Engineering giving me 453whp and 314ft-lb of torque (3rd dyno run) on 91octane has been the best modification to my e46 M3.
I was able to have the supercharger installed while deployed to Afghanistan. VF-Engineering was very understanding of my situation, willing to assist, and was Military friendly. The transistion went without error, I thank Nik, Paul, and Mark of VF-Engineering for this. I was a bit freaked out driving it at first, the power was overwhelming, but of course I got use to it, man its awesome. All the problems Ive read on the forums about the supercharger and software from VF-Engineering made me aware of what could possibly happen, but I didn't notice anything different with my M3, other than the power. I assume their latest software was a fix to all that.

I contemplated back and forth between VF-Engineering and HorsepowerFreaks countless of times (you may have seen in my journal under future mods, VF-Engineering Supercharger and HorsepowerFreaks Turbocharger being switched back and forth). VF-Engineering had the best bang for the buck which was the biggest factor in my decision along with my other mods keeping price to performance ratio in mind. After adding the cost of the kit, to/from transportation of my M3, labor, and tax of the HPF Stage 1Turbocharger, it would have costed me over double the cost of the VFE Stage 2 Supercharger while at 91 octane, the Supercharger would have slightly made more power than the Turbocharger. Although I wanted the power that the HPF Stage 1 could have provided, but only achieving that on 110 octane and spending over twice the cost of the VFE Stage 2 was something I could not justify. As a U.S. Marine, im always seeing if there are discounts for military personnel, HPF didnt budge on their price, but VFE gave me a deal that I didn't have to think twice about. Hey, I have to get the best bang for the buck.

I know I have to get better tires, I can easily spin the tires to 3rd gear. I believe my car will dyno more since the WHP mentioned was dyno'd before the supercharger was broken in, before the latest software was flashed, and before the new software has adapted. I will try to dyno again on 91oct, 93oct, and 100oct race fuel. Im eager to see what I can pull to the max.

Thank you VF-Engineering, I never imagined in my life I would have a car this powerful. Thank you Chris (Laidback (///MFest)) for looking out and stoping by VFE's shop to check on the install. MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!, thank you Alex (Agent31) for ensuring my thoughts and decision were sane, for washing my car like 10 times, driving my car to VFE and back for the install, ensuring everything happened correctly, breaking in the supercharger for me, and changing my oil all while ive been deployed to Afghanistan. You are a true friend.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thank you for your service! I am also a veteran and I know what it is like being away from loved ones. Your car looks teriffic and I am very jealous of the new power you have. Props to VFE for looking out!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Great write up your journal, and congrats on the new supercharger! Love the other mods, too. Keep up the good work and thank you for you military support!

Regards,
Christopher

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think my pictures were not working, hopefully they are now?

Thank you for your service! I am also a veteran and I know what it is like being away from loved ones. Your car looks teriffic and I am very jealous of the new power you have. Props to VFE for looking out!
Great write up your journal, and congrats on the new supercharger! Love the other mods, too. Keep up the good work and thank you for you military support!
Regards,
Christopher
Congrats - you are going to be absolutely loving the new V4 tune on your S/C'd M3. :)
Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

Ib4HPFStage2 upgrade.
I would too, but then I wouldn't be able to get my brand new truck and the o'l lady would punch me in the face. Maybe i'll create a donation thread called Ib4HPFStage2 and you could throw in your 2 cents (not your thoughts).

·
May the farts be with you, always
6,723 Posts
congrats!

boost in a e46 is a beautiful thing.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Congratulations, glad you made it back and thank you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
HPF isnt a FAN OF FREEDOM

Im now part of the VF-Engineering family with my supercharged e46 M3!!!

As a U.S. Marine, im always seeing if there are discounts for military personnel, HPF didnt budge on their price, but VFE gave me a deal that I didn't have to think twice about. Hey, I have to get the best bang for the buck.
I GUESS HPF IS NOT A FAN OF FREEDOM!!!!

I digress.

Congrats bro... welcome back from the "box".

·
May the farts be with you, always
6,723 Posts
Ive read that new tune has solved alot of small things for the kit over on the other forum. Thats great news for all the owners of that kit.

unless you have a kit yourself or have driven a vf kit(i have) or had experience or went through the purchasing decisions of a FI kit on a S54, please refrain from posting non related comments towards a member who has posted information for his beloved m3.

thank you

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:eek: I guess you havent done lots of research.....but hey.....If you like it thats all that matters!
I guess you didn't really read my post, my decision was based on get the best deal, achieving the best bang for the buck.

How do you like the kit so far?
I love it, its the same car, same feel, just a lot more power.

Ive read that new tune has solved alot of small things for the kit over on the other forum. Thats great news for all the owners of that kit.
As I was doing research, it seemed like VF was facing a lot of complaints with the idling surge and unexpected shut off of the engine. I havn't experienced any problems.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Congrats on the VF STG 2 kit bro! You must be loving it! Stay safe Bro.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts