BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Sienna Red Coupe
6,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting HID's and seeing my friends E36 M3 with HIDs and no amber corners I decided to do this mod. Found the easiest way to do it was to use a second bulb socket and tap into the side indicators by running wires through the fenders. Well I got everything done yesterday, ran the wires hooked up the new sockets. Then I hit one problem. In order for this to work, you have to let the original bulb and socket just chill down inside your car. I found the the bulb gets really hot. I'm worried it might damage something or even worse start a fire. For people that have done this mod, what are my options here?

·
needs a new sig...
4,874 Posts
DiscoStu said:
After getting HID's and seeing my friends E36 M3 with HIDs and no amber corners I decided to do this mod. Found the easiest way to do it was to use a second bulb socket and tap into the side indicators by running wires through the fenders. Well I got everything done yesterday, ran the wires hooked up the new sockets. Then I hit one problem. In order for this to work, you have to let the original bulb and socket just chill down inside your car. I found the the bulb gets really hot. I'm worried it might damage something or even worse start a fire. For people that have done this mod, what are my options here?

Why dont you run the corner bulbs and sockets into the engine bay and mount them some how on each side, so when your lights are on and you pop the hood you got some light under there this also puts them someplace that is used to getting really hot and IMHO would look pretty cool with white bulbs under the hood

1 - 2 of 2 Posts