BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And was hoping to pick up a factory BMW alarm for my 323i. Will it work if I get the alarm over in Hong Kong and have it installed in Canada? Are the features/function the same, or even perhaps the P/N?

My brother has some hookups over there so I am hoping I can pick one up for cheap..........thanx....

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
It should works. But the price is almost the same as if you get it in US.

Yeah, do check out the parts in HK, they have more brands to choose from.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I'll definietly check out the parts in Hong Kong......

I always reluactant to buy stuff in the US because once its taxed, shipped, and whatever handling charges at tacted on, the price comes out to be the same or even hight than what I would pay in Canada.........

What should I look for that are considered "euro spec" vs. what we have over in North America?

Thanx:)

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I'm planning on doing a similar thing...

Going back to Singapore and planning to get the alarm from there...if it's cheaper!!!

·
Registered
771 Posts
JimJai323 said:
And was hoping to pick up a factory BMW alarm for my 323i. Will it work if I get the alarm over in Hong Kong and have it installed in Canada? Are the features/function the same, or even perhaps the P/N?

My brother has some hookups over there so I am hoping I can pick one up for cheap..........thanx....
I'll be in HK too during the Christmas break... WHat days will you be there? I'll show you around.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dollar99, I'll be in Hong Kong from Dec ~11 to January 12th. Is there a number I can reach you at when I'm there? I don't have a phone number yet, but I'll get one as soon as I'm there.......:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts