E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I seem to have really really bad experiences with my BMW dealer... BMW of Sterling. Because of this, I transitioned my car to BMW of Fairfax in hopes of better service. Well, I suppose the past catches up with me eventually..... BMW of Sterling just called and told me that I owe them $391 for the enterprise car that I had while my car was in.... WOAH WOAH WOAH... backup.

First, the car went in for the SMG pump failure... it had to be towed in. It would not have had to be towed in if my service manager had responded to me when I first told him the car was having problems but instead he told me not to drop off the car yet. Finally, the car just died.... so it HAD to be towed. The car was there for a while before it was even touched. There were no BMW loaners available and I was furious about the situation so the service writer PROMISED me that I would have an enterprise loaner for the FULL STAY and they would consume it.

Second, it took them forever to communicate with me about the car and get anything done on it. TWICE they told me to come and pick up the car and both times the car was NOT ready. The latter of the two times, not only was the car not ready but it had died on the side of the road and had to be towed back. To add further insult to injury or I supposed injury to injury and insult, the car was damaged while being towed... GRRRRR

Now, if thats not bad enough, I get charged for freaking 90$ because they gave me an upgrade car that I did not opt for. Now, they are asking for almost 400 more... they HAVE to be crazy!!!!

AdamR

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
DigitalgmGF said:
Alright, I seem to have really really bad experiences with my BMW dealer... BMW of Sterling. Because of this, I transitioned my car to BMW of Fairfax in hopes of better service. Well, I suppose the past catches up with me eventually..... BMW of Sterling just called and told me that I owe them $391 for the enterprise car that I had while my car was in.... WOAH WOAH WOAH... backup.

First, the car went in for the SMG pump failure... it had to be towed in. It would not have had to be towed in if my service manager had responded to me when I first told him the car was having problems but instead he told me not to drop off the car yet. Finally, the car just died.... so it HAD to be towed. The car was there for a while before it was even touched. There were no BMW loaners available and I was furious about the situation so the service writer PROMISED me that I would have an enterprise loaner for the FULL STAY and they would consume it.

Second, it took them forever to communicate with me about the car and get anything done on it. TWICE they told me to come and pick up the car and both times the car was NOT ready. The latter of the two times, not only was the car not ready but it had died on the side of the road and had to be towed back. To add further insult to injury or I supposed injury to injury and insult, the car was damaged while being towed... GRRRRR

Now, if thats not bad enough, I get charged for freaking 90$ because they gave me an upgrade car that I did not opt for. Now, they are asking for almost 400 more... they HAVE to be crazy!!!!

AdamR
Speak with service manager AND the owner. Do NOT pay for loaner if you were promised a loaner when you bought your new BMW, and again when you had towed for service.
Did you sign anything that states you WILL PAY for a loaner car or "rental"?
If not, then they are out of luck on you paying a thing.

TT

·
Registered
222 Posts
Oh hell no that a load of crap my wife has a Kia and she went through the same thing with the dealership in Springfield VA. Dont go for that crap especially if you drove off and the car died out on you again.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
From my experience, BMW of Sterling's better than Fairfax. Anyway, this is the kind of crap that I cannot take anymore of since my car seems to need to goto a dealership for repairs every other month!

Finally put a deposit down for a Lexus and never going back to BMW...

DigitalgmGF said:

AdamR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.