BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, for those of you that dont know, I managed to mess my M car up recently. The story is here. Anyways, the main damage was on the trailing control arm but there was a bunch of other parts that got injured as well. You can see what the control arm looked like here. CAUTION : NOT FOR WEAK STOMACHS.

Ok .... well the BMW dealer quoted me a bunch of money for the parts and I knew I could do better so I sent out a bunch of lists of part numbers to parts people and got a bunch of responses back. By far, Pacific BMW had the best prices and would save me nearly a thousand dollars by going with them over my own dealer. So, I talked to my dealer about this and they said they would still install the parts if they were OEM. Pacific confirmed that they were and I ordered the parts. Well, of course all of the parts have to come in from germany which means that it is going to take a week for them to get to pacific and then a couple days for them to get to me. Well the parts were send out this monday even though they were supposed to be sent out on friday of LAST WEEK. They should be here this friday and the repair was SUPPOSED to begin then.

But guess what, there is a part missing ... its the trailing control arm. The person from Pacific told me that then TCA came in with rust on it so they sent it back and got a new one and the new one was backordered. Isnt this an aluminum part? How can it rust.... :banghead: :banghead:

Im just so depressed right now.............

AdamR

·
Registered
196 Posts
Maybe it could rust if it were retrieved from a sunken ship of "bimmer parts" under 3000 feet of salt water? :confused:

Good luck on the repairs, hope you can join us in our VA/MD/DC meets sometime.

·
I holla
1,668 Posts
i've been waiting for that part for months now, wait like the rest of us. :confused: j/p :lmao:

seriously, that sucks man, and you have to pay for it yourself! sucks even more!

·
Registered
700 Posts
If you learn how to drive you wouldnt be in this mess..... :)

John V

1 - 7 of 7 Posts