BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Masterdebator
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing the seafoam thing...and like an idiot, I get impatient and pull the whole brake booster line out INCLUDING the nozzle. No big deal, I just manage to get the rubber line off the nozzle and proceed to put the nozzle back in the brake cylinder thingy.

Bad move, it's hard to get in, and I drop it into the engine bay...the part of the engine bay where the brake booster sits...I can't get it out..

I'm wondering can I ge the part from Autozone or something?

·
Masterdebator
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the part from Autozone...it's a universal part and I dont know if I can use it...it looks nothing like the OEM part

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sorry to hear man about your trouble.

Your part should do just fine. Its a simple check valve. However I understand your desire to retain oem parts.

I need to find a way to get a few tools i've droped in the same place. I haven't done it yet but i believe removal of the ecu should give enough room to access the bottom of the compartment.

Other than that how did the sea foam work?

·
Masterdebator
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ehhh, I ended going to the dealership to get the part....oh well...Seafoam worked great! Well, as far as I can tell from the huge plumes of white smoke coming out of my exhaust! hahaha....the neighbors weren't too happy about that...oh well

next is some MAF cleaner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts