E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright this is the deal..i have a 1400 watt Pyle Amp...bought it cheap...i have 2 chumpy home subs that i tried in my car and they sound like dog *hit...anyone got a good suggestion on what to do..scrap the amp and subs..or jsut get new subs or what..i dont have alot of money so not lookin to get an expensive deal..im 18 and only have 400 in the bank :pimpin: ..any ideas..thanks

Jason

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Don't be cheap if you want to pound...if you want to hit, don't buy cheap sh!t. Watch the for sale forum, usually see pretty good deals here for big amps that are high end, just gotta do the research on the selling party so you don't get burned. Personally, I think you could do just fine with a single 12 in a small enclosure and a decent amp from crutchfield or someplace like that. But I remember when I was 18, I had 4 12's in the back of my jimmy.....now that I'm an old fart, 2 Infinity Perfect 10's do it for me :D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hah alright nice...how much is a good amount of watts for amps. is like 600 good enough? for one or 2 subs..or is it more like 2 amps 600 a piece for pretty good subs?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
it depends on your subs peak rating, if the sub can handle 600w, then buy an amp that can got 625 or so.....amp signals peak and start to clip, which will come out sounding like crap in your subs, possibly blowing them. Just don't buy 1000W amp to drive 650W subs, that won't cause clipping, that'll cause death and destruction to your subs:)

·
Banned
1,770 Posts
BMWDon said:
it depends on your subs peak rating, if the sub can handle 600w, then buy an amp that can got 625 or so.....amp signals peak and start to clip, which will come out sounding like crap in your subs, possibly blowing them. Just don't buy 1000W amp to drive 650W subs, that won't cause clipping, that'll cause death and destruction to your subs:)

Lol... I highly doubt those "chumpy home subs" can handle 600+ watts. Probably more like 25 watts.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
srcstc said:

Lol... I highly doubt those "chumpy home subs" can handle 600+ watts. Probably more like 25 watts.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I know...just an example of power rating listed and used, I wasn't talking about the house subs in the trunk....everybody's got to start somewhere :blink:

·
Registered
64 Posts
best buy?

dude you want cheap get the bestbuy package deal i think its 2 10 inch rockford RF and 150watt punch amp for like 200 -300 bucks
check it out .. could not hurt right

·
Law Enforcer
…’22 992 Carrera C2S arriving soon!!!
2,355 Posts
Well you could always sell the old stuff to get money to buy the new stuff! Then look for a good deal!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah thats what im tryin to do..im gonna see if i can get some chump in my town to buy it...im still in highschool so i'll get some idiot junior or sophmore to buy it..how much could i sell the pyle amp for do you think..its got 1400watts of pure crap

Jason

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Pyle isn't the worst, if you had one of those high watt low ohm running rockwood fos-somethings (rockford ripoffs I remember seeing in the pawn shops when I was 18ish)....that would be a $20 1000W amp right there....Pyle might net you $100 if your buyer is a straight fool :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hah alright nice 100 is ok for me since i payed 130 for it..these kids in my school will definitly buy it hah

·
Registered
181 Posts
i got 2 12" kicker comp running off of a kenwood 300 watt rms (150 each) and i'm happy with it... different ppl have different taste therefore its hard to say if there is "enough" bass for one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
J,

Try going for quality over quantity. Instead of getting 2 new subs, try to find a good price on one of them 12" or 15" and plug it into your Pyle. If it STILL sounds cra**y, then it's time to get a new amp too, but that probably won't be necessary.

·
Registered
117 Posts
get some jl w3 d2 and a jl amp and you will be ready to go

1 - 15 of 15 Posts