BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not really, but I am very annoyed and I really need some help.

I installed the H&R cup kit last week and had my fenders rolled and I'm STILL rubbing in the back. I have asked several times on here if anyone had a fix for this. Only one person, Karl gave me some advice which was to change my tires to 255's. Someone PLEASE help and give me some advice or at least tell me if the 255 remedy will work. I'm about to pull the H&R's off and just go back to stock because I'm so frustrated.

Here's my setup: 19x8.5 et40 245/30/19 Front and 19x9.5 et40 265/30/19 Toyo's Rear

I'm only rubbing in the back. Please HELP.

·
'a certain moderator'
38,245 Posts
you could cut your fenders possibly, that will provide a little more room than the rolling.

post some pics, i am sure it looks great.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
simsima325 said:
you could cut your fenders possibly, that will provide a little more room than the rolling.

post some pics, i am sure it looks great.
Already cut 'em (I hate that I had to do that)
No pics yet but it does look really good. That's why I'm so pissed about the rubbing.

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,857 Posts
265 is really wide in the rear for a sedan, doesn't suprise me that you are rubbing. I assume that you have checked that you are rubbing on the outside fender lip and not the inside, correct? How badly are you rubbing? Someone shaved off some of the tar liner stuff inside the wheel well and that helped.

Tim

·
Driver
264 Posts
Karl's right... your tires are far too big for a sedan with a drop.

I used to run 255/35/18's in back, fenders rolled, and I would still rub when I hit a dip, or if I had more than two people in the car.

Now I'm running 235/40/18 all around, without ANY issues. sedans just don't have big enough wheel wells to handle 265's.

Sorry bro, I know it looks mean as hell with those fat tires, but you gotta make a sacrifice. :(

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
i pm-ed u .. as long as ur offsets are made for your car... running 255 should fix it.. if you have some strange offset.. then you're SOL.. good luck man

·
Registered
178 Posts
cutting fenders? look i know this may not be the time, but could someone explain to me what is rubbing in the pic i don't see anything, and what is cutting the fender? the actual aluminum part on the outside? I know this sounds stupid but I would like to lear this. thank

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bmwfreak84 said:
cutting fenders? look i know this may not be the time, but could someone explain to me what is rubbing in the pic i don't see anything, and what is cutting the fender? the actual aluminum part on the outside? I know this sounds stupid but I would like to lear this. thank
It's cutting the lip that the factory rolled up into the fender. You can't tell from the out side, but if you could look underneath you'd see where it was done.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The thing that I don't understand is with my normal SP setup it looked almost identical to this H&R setup (maybe a few millimeters higher) and the SP didn't rub except for on HUGE dips. But the H&R's rub on on pretty much everything :banghead:

·
name's PHIL
6,170 Posts
just go 8.5 all around bro " u probably want that dish right", this is why i love hamann HMII's hehehehehe..............us sedan peeps dont get that advantage as the coupe peeps do, pretty sure 255's will be cool in the rear, might rub a lil but thats just a lil as supposed to know

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He and his said:
just go 8.5 all around bro " u probably want that dish right", this is why i love hamann HMII's hehehehehe..............us sedan peeps dont get that advantage as the coupe peeps do, pretty sure 255's will be cool in the rear, might rub a lil but thats just a lil as supposed to know
Thanks.
I def. want to keep the dish in the rear and going to an 8.5 I would lose an inch :thumbdwn: . I think I would rather put the SP shocks back on if it came down to choosing between that and new rear wheels.

Side note: I just saw that the Supermesh's 9.5 come in a 45 offset :banghead:
You'd think the guys that sold them to me would've sent me these after I told him my car's specs. Right? Would the 45 offset make a big difference?

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,857 Posts
I think that 45 offset would make it worse, but I was never good with wheels.

I think you could get a thicker rear spring pad which would give you a couple MM. Someone with an ETK could look this up.

Tim

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tim330i said:
I think that 45 offset would make it worse, but I was never good with wheels.

I think you could get a thicker rear spring pad which would give you a couple MM. Someone with an ETK could look this up.

Tim
Me either. That's why I'm so confused. Thanks so much for your help.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts