BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I'm starting this thread to document my car from basically the beginning to use as a history of her progression....I have seen other threads doing this and I think it's a great idea.....I will post my mods as I go, and hopefully some of you will enjoy it as it goes along....I'm not a photographer, and most, well all of my pictures will be taken with my cell phone, until such time as someone thinks it is worthy of a photo shoot.....please feel free to offer encouragement, or criticism as you see fit, and maybe offer advice if you feel the need...I will start out with the pics I took the day I brought her home and then go from there.....Hopefully I can post something more than once a year....LOL

So here goes......this is her the day I brought her home.....

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And here she is after getting her windows tinted and her interior wrapped....

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are those 18's?! I want!

Very nice, very clean, very sexy. I'm definitely digging the CF vinyl, I might have to do a bit of that to my car as well.

Now you just need to join the GTR (PTG) hood gang :p
Nope they are factory 19's....

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My girl's first rain......

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice car ! any more details on the wrap? that looks fantastic. is it diy or did you have it done?
Thanks, I had it done....I like it, but there are a few problem areas, but in general it looks good and achieves the look I wanted....was there some details you wanted on it?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool yeah just cost etc and who does it? i take it you mailed all your parts in? turnaround time?:thumbup:
No, I actually had it done at the same place I had my tint done here in Cali, the wrap job cost me $200...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Beautiful car! I've always liked M3s in silver. Reminds me that I need to get a tint too. And good idea on the documentary thread; I might just start one up myself soon.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Beautiful car! I've always liked M3s in silver. Reminds me that I need to get a tint too. And good idea on the documentary thread; I might just start one up myself soon.
Thanks, only problem is I'm pretty broke, so i don't know how active it will be...lol

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Taking her to the doctor today to get her a physical, and get her codes read....don't know for sure but a couple of things just don't feel right....update when I get back...

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well thankfully my girl is in pretty good shape....she has a small rear diff leak, evidently just seals, and had one code that was a coolant temp thing, evidently triggered 7 times but not for over 30k miles so I'm guessing it was fixed and not cleared.....very happy and lucky due to the fact that when I bought her I trusted that the dealer was reputable....

·
Registered
855 Posts
It's funny looking at your pics...

After taking all the weight out and now, temporarily, the dash... my car sits noticably higher. I think I can fit like 3 or 4 fingers stacked under the front and rear finger.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's funny looking at your pics...

After taking all the weight out and now, temporarily, the dash... my car sits noticably higher. I think I can fit like 3 or 4 fingers stacked under the front and rear finger.
LOL, ya I need to lower mine, I can imagine what it looks like stock with all the weight gone...

1 - 20 of 96 Posts