E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a simple generic tuning question for the engine tuners. Please explain what ignition timing should do on a typical engine run from idle to redline. Specifically, should the timing start moving from TDC to BTDC as the engine approaches redline or should timing move to the ATDC side?? On my 330i (ESS) I am trying to pin down where my Horsepower is going. My car runs perfectly but the horsepower is low. I attached a realtime OBD scanner to my car to monitor timing while I did my runs and I also verified results on another ESS car that is down on HP. We witnessed the timing rolling all over the place during the WOT runs. It went from 10 degrees ATDC to 10 BTDC. I thought as the horsepower increased, the timing would continue to roll further toward BTDC and stabilize.. Please explain. Could that be the reason HP is down even though the cars are running perfectly?? THANKS

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.