BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
iForged is pleased to Support E46 Fanatics and announce a few new finishes introduced for 2004. iForged would also like to educate the public about the construction of wheels.

We offer 2PC as well as 3PC wheels. Unlike other wheel companies we do not force the customer to make a choice, because of the lack of width selection. In the 2PC we offer 8" ,9" , and 10" widths. In the 3PC we have half sizes widths that span from 7" to 14" widths, in half inch increments.

For E46 sedans and coupes we offer a 3" lip in the rear, currently the largest out of our competitors. For the E46 M3 we offer a 4" lip in the rear. Largest lips allow for the wheel centers to be lighter, enabling the wheels to be lighter. The widest wheel we use in the rear is 9.5" for the E46 Sedans, but on the coupe you can run 10". Be carefully and wary of other companies claiming a 10" will fit in the rear on a sedan without modifications.

Our 2 piece line uses the same high end hardware that we use on our three piece. We do NOT use plastic rivets like a few of our competitiors.

-Hyper Black Finish
The look of anodized black without the fading and scratching associated with anodizing.

-Hyper Anthracite Finish
The look of anodized anthracite without the fading and scratching associated with anodizing

-Ceramic Clearcoat Option
The new ceramic clearcoat is a proprietary coating that we now offer on our wheels. Our ceramic clearcoat is much superior to liquid and powdercoating. Ceramic clearcoat is chemically bonded and ensures a durable finish that can be held up in the most demanding situations. We offer ceramic clearcoat options now for Brushed and Polished Finishes.

If you have anymore questions or concerns about the proper fitment for an E46 please do not hestiate to call us at 714-484-1070 ext. 111 or email us at [email protected]. We are pleased to serve you and educated the public on proper wheel fitment. :)

·
Banned
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PS323CI said:
WELCOME iFORGED!! LOVE UR WHEELS !!!!! THATS A NICE FINISH. CAN I SEND MINE OUT TO GET IT DONE????
Yes you can send your wheels back to us and we can refinish them for you. :)

·
Conceited Prick
2,143 Posts
Vince, I love your widebody conversion. Simply mouthwatering.

·
Banned
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
unionjack said:
Vince, I love your widebody conversion. Simply mouthwatering.
Thank you. It took a month and a half, but was defintely worth the wait.

·
Registered
197 Posts
iForged said:
Thank you. It took a month and a half, but was defintely worth the wait.
come on ... u have to have more photos than this...what a teaser! =)

·
Banned
719 Posts
hey Vince

Quick question, what the the weights of the wheels? Say for example a 19 inch by 8.5 seneka (as an average wheel).

thanks,

Cavan

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
iForged said:
-Ceramic Clearcoat Option
The new ceramic clearcoat is a proprietary coating that we now offer on our wheels. Our ceramic clearcoat is much superior to liquid and powdercoating. Ceramic clearcoat is chemically bonded and ensures a durable finish that can be held up in the most demanding situations. We offer ceramic clearcoat options now for Brushed and Polished Finishes.
does this mean that the chipping problem is now fixed?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
im guessing the chipping problem is now fixed.. lets say that i have an iforged rim and the finish is peeling etc. can i send it out to you to get it refinished for free? personally i dont believe the consumer should be paying for the crappy clearcoat and paint used.... there has been numerous problems with finishes and paint quality and i think we paid enough for the rims to expect so little of you

·
Banned
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
blurizpimpin said:
im guessing the chipping problem is now fixed.. lets say that i have an iforged rim and the finish is peeling etc. can i send it out to you to get it refinished for free? personally i dont believe the consumer should be paying for the crappy clearcoat and paint used.... there has been numerous problems with finishes and paint quality and i think we paid enough for the rims to expect so little of you
We have some clearcoat problem but all wheels left our factory in perfect condition (We inspect every single wheel). Our standard clearcoat is being done by Speedway who happens to be the same clearcoat finisher for many other higher priced wheels (Shall remain nameless but we all know who they are).

Yes. There are a lot of repeating noise on the web about iForged. But my total complaint inbox for this year is a grand total of 5 customers. One of the customer complaint was about clearcoat. When we inspected the wheel there were tool marks where the clearcoat cracked.

Bare standard clearcoat is nice but it is not as strong as on painted surface so now we also offer ceramic clearcoat. Also, we have always offered powdercoat clear as an option. Clearcoat will chip if not properly taken of during the install process, caused by impact guns. This has happened also to higher price wheels due to careless installers.

We now have a new ceramic clearcoat option that is more expensive, but will not de laminite or flake, so it is protected from tire shops that use impact guns, or force center caps in

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
iForged said:
We have some clearcoat problem but all wheels left our factory in perfect condition (We inspect every single wheel). Our standard clearcoat is being done by Speedway who happens to be the same clearcoat finisher for many other higher priced wheels (Shall remain nameless but we all know who they are).

Yes. There are a lot of repeating noise on the web about iForged. But my total complaint inbox for this year is a grand total of 5 customers. One of the customer complaint was about clearcoat. When we inspected the wheel there were tool marks where the clearcoat cracked.

Bare standard clearcoat is nice but it is not as strong as on painted surface so now we also offer ceramic clearcoat. Also, we have always offered powdercoat clear as an option. Clearcoat will chip if not properly taken of during the install process, caused by impact guns. This has happened also to higher price wheels due to careless installers.

We now have a new ceramic clearcoat option that is more expensive, but will not de laminite or flake, so it is protected from tire shops that use impact guns, or force center caps in
is that like a recorded response? cuz thats the same thing you said in the last thread.... i think as customer service you guys should offer free refinishes since you guys cheated us in a way... dont get me wrong you guys make unbelievably strong rims but this thing needs to be fixed

·
Banned
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
blurizpimpin said:
is that like a recorded response? cuz thats the same thing you said in the last thread.... i think as customer service you guys should offer free refinishes since you guys cheated us in a way... dont get me wrong you guys make unbelievably strong rims but this thing needs to be fixed

The policy has remained the same since day one. If the problem is caused by manufacturing, workmanship, or design simply contact us, return the wheel for inspection and repair.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts