BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I got my driver side front tire replaced. They knocked out my center cap to balance and my o-ring was toast. Does anyone know where I can get a new one? Or what size it is? I tried HomeDepot, no luck. Thanks

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, ended up heading to Ace Hardware, they had a larger selection of o-rings. Ended up getting a 2-3/16" x 2" x 3/32" o-ring. First try it went in and stayed in but would rattle around and could be spun, definitely not going to work. Popped it back out and decided to try wrapping the groove on the center piece with teflon tape then putting the o-ring on. After a few trials to get a thickness just right. Got the center piece popped in with a rubber mallet without pinching or losing the o-ring.

Hope this helps anyone else that might be wondering. I measured the diameter of my center piece to be 2.5" of course you can always use a smaller o-ring and stretch it. Just make sure you get one that is thicker or has a thicker sidewall in order to avoid the teflon job. Of course, not sure if all wheels are the same but just some info for any of you guys that might be stuck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts