BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got five dents fixed in the hood of my car - and it looks like brand new. So i'ma plug this guy who did it:

His name is Sal, his number is 650-fix-dent. he's so good, and not that exspensive. And if ur in the bay area, i'd highly reccomend him as a dent wizard instead of dealerships or anythign like that - i went to bmw sf and they told me it'd be like 1200!!! and they were gonna replace the whole hood; stupid losers :tongue:

·
HartgE46
786 Posts
Thanks!:thumbup: I've got a dent in my hood as well and received the same estimate from BMWSF. My dent might be hard to fix without a repaint though... it's right next to the left kidney grille. Where were you dents? Do you have any before/after shots? Thanks again for the heads up!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Dude, Sal ROCKS!!!!! When I had my 330 I had a dent on the trunk, right in thg seam where the metal bends for the license area. My usual shop was gonna charge over $1000 and have to apply bondo. Sal came to my house and did the repair with no paint and when he was done you could not even tell there was ever a dent! He only charged me like $300 but it was WELL worth it. I recommend him to anyone!

·
Got Mis-shift?
748 Posts
It really depends on where you got a dent. if your dent was on a plain surface then it will be cheap and easy to fix. but if your dent was on a crease then it will be more expensive.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I don't have before or after pics; but i can ASSURE you; before = bad :bawling:
after = holy **** :thumbup:
Sal was real good. He's defintitely like an expert and like spent a long time on the dents. I actually had five dents - all on the hod. There was one real sharp but samll one right at the top (he had to drill a little hole to get it, but it looks great). The other ones were located around the crease in the hood - but it looks just like new now. the other one was right next to the insignia on the top and front of the hood (i htink maybe where ur grill dent was). So i think it shoudl be fine. He really is an expert, and if ur not sure, u can always just call him for a free estimate; he's a nice guy too!!!!

·
Im The Man
1,261 Posts
StevieShasta said:
So I just got five dents fixed in the hood of my car - and it looks like brand new. So i'ma plug this guy who did it:

His name is Sal, his number is 650-fix-dent. he's so good, and not that exspensive. And if ur in the bay area, i'd highly reccomend him as a dent wizard instead of dealerships or anythign like that - i went to bmw sf and they told me it'd be like 1200!!! and they were gonna replace the whole hood; stupid losers :tongue:

which city is he in?

·
Town Clown
15,001 Posts
thanks for the tip!

btw, how the hell do you get 5 dents on your hood??? I usually play hoops on a court, not on the hood of my car, heh. :tongue:

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,517 Posts
Darn...how come all those expert "fixers" are on the West coast? There was that one guy who fixes curb rashes on wheels and now this guy who does dents.

Someone...make them move to the East coast!!!! :D :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He actulaly works all over the bay area, foster city, palo alto, redwood city, san mateo, all the way up to sf, so if your anywhere near, he'll go. He was actually tellin me that it's such a expertise-required art form - dent fixin that is - that very few people can do it. And now he's trying to put together a DVD of his recordings of him trying to teach how to do it. He wants to put a whole course together to teach mechanics and body shops aroudn the nation - he just needs a cameraman i htink;)

as for the hole he drilled, he put in a black rubber plug, or plastic maybe, just like the ones that are already on the underside of the hoood, you can check it out next time u pop the hood, little black plugs near the back. And as for the five dents!!! Wowza! I dunno, the one near the top is prolly some falling pine cone, and the other five looked like a 'couple o drunk college kids walkin on the car' was Sal's expert diagnosis.

Anyway, my hat goes off to Sal!:bow:

·
Registered
80 Posts
He just worked on my driver's said door. The man works miracles!

I just took my car in for 30k mile service and the service rep asked if I wanted my dent fixed by him (Dent Wizard) for $300. I jumped on the deal since other body shops gave me an estimate of 500-600. Door looks new, I got a good price, plus I had the dealer loaner while all the work was being done. Talk about convenience. :thumbup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks Steve! Great referral!

Anyone: who's the guy that does wheel repair in the Bay Area?

TIA! :thumbup:

StevieShasta said:

·
Registered
425 Posts
DropTopBM said:
anything in NY..... i just found a dent in the hood --- gonna be a pain to take out
I had one guy who fix my dent pretty good. He's located by whitestone. He works for dent wizard. Just pm me for the contact info. Relatively fair...we'll cheaper than the dealer!!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
My dealer actually uses Dent Wizard I believe. I don't know, at the service desk, there is a semi-large ad of Dent Wizard (I think, or it may be some other dent brand). If you need dent removal, the dealer just calls them up & arranges an appt, then they come to the dealer & fix them. I assume doing this through the dealer may cost more than contacting them directly (dealer profit?).

·
Registered
363 Posts
I had a door ding fixed by Dent Wizard when I had my Maxima. It was arranged by the dealer and only cost me $100. The door was perfect after he was done.

DroptopBM lookup dent wizard in NY. I know there is a in house dent wizard guy at BMW of Manhattan. Check with Westchester BMW as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts