E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you spend it on performance or looks?

I'm thinking of either getting a roof spoiler/ CF interior or something the the guts (engine)

And can someone post pics of a coupe with OEM spoiler and roof spoiler?:D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Owner
3,747 Posts
I would go looks. 330's are just asking to be pimped out. If you want performance, you could have gotten a WRX or 350Z for less money. But then again, there are those on this forum who feel 330's are good for the track as well. Guess you gotta consider what's more important for you and go that route. My vote goes for looks.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
From what I know you can't do a whole lot on engine/performance on our cars. Even with what's minimally available the performance gain is not substantial as compared to turboed cars such as the WRX.

·
Registered
473 Posts
um......I think you can do a lot of engine upgrade. My s/c increased my HP from 170 to 310 !

·
O.D.
1,529 Posts
cabrioguy...what sc did u get? even tho i like show more than go, those hp numbers sound really nice! :pimpin: :thumbup: (nice car!)

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
do exhaust. improves performance a bit, and the styling of the tips is :pimpin:, also u get the beautiful sound. its like 3 mods for the price of one! :D

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
cabrioguy said:
um......I think you can do a lot of engine upgrade. My s/c increased my HP from 170 to 310 !
uhhhh I was leaving out the exception of SC and turbo... I was speaking in terms of bolt-on performance, not ruining/risking the warranty.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
Go. Or feel.

Screw show.
My thoughts exactly.

·
Banned
1,770 Posts
I would much prefer to spend it on performance but for 1-2K you're not gonna get any worthwhile gains. so you're better off going for looks.

Rich

·
Registered
473 Posts
anything u bolt on to the engine runs the risk of voiding the warranty. go for the "go" so those little snot nose kids in a civic don't leave you in the dust!

I am running an ASA sk1 Supercharger at 8 PSI

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
cabrioguy said:
anything u bolt on to the engine runs the risk of voiding the warranty. go for the "go" so those little snot nose kids in a civic don't leave you in the dust!

I am running an ASA sk1 Supercharger at 8 PSI
I disagree, hence the term "bolt-on" which you can bolt-off easily when things go sour. An SC or turbo is much more of a challenge to bolt-off and not considered a simple bolt-on.

·
Registered
473 Posts
an SC can be removed in a couple of hours and put back completly to stock. I had my car at the dealer today and the service manager had no problem with the supercharger. He was showing it to everyone there and one of the service writers asked to go for a ride.

·
Owner
3,747 Posts
cabrioguy said:
Yes indeed! But the thread is titled "If you have an extra thousand or two". I hightly doubt you can add 140 horses with just a thousand or two.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
cabrioguy said:
an SC can be removed in a couple of hours and put back completly to stock. I had my car at the dealer today and the service manager had no problem with the supercharger. He was showing it to everyone there and one of the service writers asked to go for a ride.
Many people, including myself, are not so fortunate to have cool dealers like you. :sad: A couple of hours is too long when comparing to other things that can bolt-off within minutes. :tongue:

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,661 Posts
did you try looking at acs defusser

this is a car just posted today with nice wheels with a defusser looks very sweet to me. you should check it out.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts