BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.mbquart.com/ to put in your car what would you select? MB Quart is releasing their new amps soon, so for now just choose..2 subs, mids, highs(looking for combination/quantity needed to create a well balanced sound stage) I only have a short time to make this decision so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Conceited Prick
2,143 Posts
I had a set of MB Quarts years ago. After a year of reliable duty my amp started shutting off. So I took my multimeter and proceeded to investigate. It turns out that both of my MBQ 6.5"s had shorted out. I replaced them with a set of Diamonds that ran flawlessly the whole time I had them. The same thing happened to buddy of mine and his MBQs. As a result of our experiences, we have both sworn off of MBQs forever. I'm not saying that MBQ makes unreliable speakers, I'm just saying that my friend and I had a bad experience with them and will no longer buy their products.

·
mod-er-at-or-er
1,275 Posts
Q series all the way.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've run Quarts in my Infiniti for 7 years and they pounded day in and day out. Never had an issue and loved their uncolored sound. I am using 1 pair of those for my rear fill in my BMW and bought a pair of Premium line 6.5"s for the front. I agree the Q line is the bomb, but I could not hear nearly double the price difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts