BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
flavaaroni
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering... if i were to trade in my zhp to the dealer, would i be required to still have all of the zhp components that are unique only to the zhp, in there? what i was mostly wondering about is if i would have to have the m-tech kit on there and the zhp exhaust... thanks.

·
Registered
417 Posts
But it's not like he's leasing or anything. Seems to me like you're just telling the dealer "I want to trade my car in, here it is". If the dealer asks about anything tell him straight up, but if the dealer doesn't notice that it has a different front bumper, isn't it their fault?

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
they charge you for it because they have to take it all off. plus they get to keep your mods

·
flavaaroni
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i was mostly thinking if i traded it in with a 330 exhaust or something and the stock kit... not with my mods

·
No more E46 :(
2,645 Posts
I doubt they will be able to tell the difference unless they have another exact same car on the lot.

The question is, why are you trading in your new ZHP?:tongue:

·
flavaaroni
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh, im not trading it in.... i was just wondering for future references because i was thinking about getting an exhaust and was wondering if i should sell my exhaust or not.

·
Registered
724 Posts
if you bought the car and then modded it then:

1. they cant tell you anything becuase you bought it and it is YOURS

2. they wont notice

3. they probably couldnt tell the difference(if not BMW dealer)

·
Registered
514 Posts
I don't think they will care... Cause they can tell from your VIN is your car a ZHP or not. As long as you have that ZHP Engine and ZHP 6 Speed Tranny, that's all matters.

Kit, wheels, exhaust.. don't really make much different.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
When you tell the dealer the options you have, they will look for all of them.

You might be able to get away with the exhaust but they will notice the body kit, wheels and everything else. It is a big difference in $$ and the ZHP stands out from a regular 330. I have traded in my car before so I speak from MY experience.

The dealer salesman doesnt look at your car, the used car manager usually looks it over.

I wouldn't risk it, plus it's bad karma.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I always keep all my OEM stuff when modding. That way I can sell teh aftermarket stuff on my own. you will get nothing for them in the trade.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts