BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
****** User
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the pedal suppose to feel really rough and shake ? I had to break hard today cuz i wasnt paying attention and it felt :thumbdwn:

·
Network Analyst
3,469 Posts
MIKEinTHE323i said:
is the pedal suppose to feel really rough and shake ? I had to break hard today cuz i wasnt paying attention and it felt :thumbdwn:
It's the ABS gripping and letting go of the rotors. You're steering wheel probably shook too.

dave

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,582 Posts
its definitely the ABS. like its shaking and rattling. and yes, its suppse to work like that.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
CrazyBimmer said:

dude, take an auto class or somthing. :banghead: :D
ROFL first the windex car cleaner now this!

·
needs a new sig...
4,600 Posts
DUDE find a ling empty road and try a 70-0 panic stop..you can it the brakes as hard as you can..if you break the pedal off ill buy you an M3!

·
Registered
156 Posts
you should trie a defensive driving course and learn some thresh-hold braking . . . it'll save you 20% of the stopping distance from simply using ABS alone.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
ice-9 said:
you should trie a defensive driving course and learn some thresh-hold braking . . . it'll save you 20% of the stopping distance from simply using ABS alone.
:confused: Did you pull that figure out of your behind? I'd like to see some substantiation.

·
needs a new sig...
4,600 Posts
thresh hold braking is not as good as ABS...i was taught this and shown this at the BMW performance center..ABS will give you the most control and shortest stopping dsitance

AND yes I promise snuckums!

·
Town Clown
15,001 Posts
p0tpie said:

ROFL first the windex car cleaner now this!
I heard if you spray your brake pedal with Windex, it won't shake so much.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
thresh hold braking is not as good as ABS...i was taught this and shown this at the BMW performance center..
They said the same thing to our group, however, I took a racing class, not a defense of driving course, and they said the complete opposite. I asked them about what the BMW driving instructor said, and he simply stated that for the average driver, you're not going to teach them the tactics of really threshold braking. It makes more sense to me that if you apply the greatest amount of pressure on the edge of wheel lock up and never have to release the brake pedal, you will out brake a car in a full panic stop with ABS. However, that takes DAMN crazy knowlege of you tire's braking limit, which none of us could possibly have unless we did this for a living =/

I dunno, my vote goes to ABS stopping you shorter. And GarrettF is VERY safe from having to buy anyone an M3. If MIKEinTHE323i was able to break his brake pedal just from a panic stop, he'd be so rich after the lawsuit, he could hire a couple of us to teach him all about cars and to hire me to redo that clusterfvck of stereo equipment in the background of his picture :p

Chip-

·
Registered
775 Posts
mtnbound said:

I heard if you spray your brake pedal with Windex, it won't shake so much.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :bow:

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,782 Posts
our braking systems are very very good.. go drive a honda and check back with us :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts