BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Manwhore
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, "thats a huge bltch" And shes ugly for now. But damn this sub pounds in a ported box... i swear it sounds like 2 15s are hitting!! :yikes: :yikes:

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
damn that box is freaking huge!!!! are you gonna panel it off? (where you cant see the rear seats?)

·
Manwhore
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea that looks nice!! I cant make up my mind if i want black carpet, or vinyl... is vinyl hard to keep nice?

bender, do you know how much play i have for the stock cd changer? I mean i would like to relocated it since the box covers the panel.

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
id so go with the vinyl, it will look a lot nicer. more expensive, but nicer.... not that much play with wire for the changer. maybe they can splice it and extend the wires.

·
TX Dinan 3
856 Posts
nice

nice, cant imagine how big my box would be if it was ported...but thats a w7's for ya. looks good man

Attachments

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
Re: nice

TX330ci said:
nice, cant imagine how big my box would be if it was ported...but thats a w7's for ya. looks good man
JL makes a ported box for the 13 inch W7. its not as big as you would think. but i dont think their box would fit in our trunk.

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,703 Posts
I still take the W7 over the ID.

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
for the price you cant go wrong with the ID. i think JL is more so to say "i have a w7" but it still is a really nice sub.

·
yo mama
1,612 Posts
I just got a ID v3. Its in a 1 ft3 box, so a little small, more SQ I guess.. Ill hear it tonite! oh wait gotta break it in first.

The ID v3 is supposed to be comparable to the W7, but I dunno havent heard either, W7 is TOOOO $$$

·
Manwhore
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Delirium said:
I just got a ID v3. Its in a 1 ft3 box, so a little small, more SQ I guess.. Ill hear it tonite! oh wait gotta break it in first.

The ID v3 is supposed to be comparable to the W7, but I dunno havent heard either, W7 is TOOOO $$$
yea my old setup was in a 1.3 sealed box. Really nice SQ!! You will love it. I just get bored easy, thats why i changed to a bigger box. :thumbup:

·
yo mama
1,612 Posts
I have put my IDMaxd2 v3 in my temp box in am "breaking it in"... it has amazing SQ, tight & precise... better than my 2 10" subs.

Also I think it will be louder than my two 10".. we will have to wait till next week to see... the IDMax is great!

·
yo mama
1,612 Posts
sneak peak of what the IDMax will go in.. still a bit small, but its ok.. it seems to be a very versitile 12" small box = good SQ. large box = good SPL.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts