E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay here we go...ive recently move from hawaii to las vegas...drove the car from long beach to las vegas two days ago with no problems(thank god) and i noticed that my car sometimes idles up and down just from 500-800...and ive notice that when my car is at a stop light sometimes the gas gauge(not the fuel tank gauge) goes up and down...any ideas what this could mean? my car is drivable but just wondering . no engine light on and just passed smog test...just recently change my sparks plugs, oil, intake boots, water pump, coolant flush, belts, clean out the MAF, cleaned IACV and also changed mine o ring on the visa(visa still good)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually means a vacuum leak. Anything connected to the intake manifold is suspect. If you get the BMW specific codes read (not generic OBD2), it can usually give a good mechanic some clues at where to start.
ive recently had a check engine light with thermostat and bank 1 and 2 runnin lean codes..changed the thermostat and intake boots(cause it has a huge crack)clear it and it hasent come back and i drive it for more than 500 miles..so no check engine light yet and lucky i got my smog test befor it does show up...it doesnt happen all the time...ive notice it hapens when i drive it when the suns out and vegas is HOT...hopefully its not a big problem

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.