BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

inspired by the positive feedback it got on this forum I ordered an EVO3 SSK a couple of weeks back through my BMW dealer. That was on a Friday. The BMW guy called UUC to make sure they are able to ship and they told him it would go out first think Monday morning.
Well, guess what nothing was shipped on Monday and it hasn't been until now. Every week we call in and hear the same BS. "Oh yes we will ship next week" I am so sick and tired of been given that BS every time. :thumbdwn:
Their product better be darn good, because right now I feel I don't want to do business with them ever again!

Sorry for the long rant, but I had to get that off my chest.

·
Obey my dog
2,575 Posts
I had to wait literally 4 months for my ebrake handle (jul 1 - oct 30). I talked to them on the phone repeatedly. Many times during my wait I heard it's coming in in two days or it's already in we are just preparing them to ship. It was very frustrating. When it was finally shipped to me, there was no appology or thanks for waiting. I was very disappointed and I will never be ordering anything from them again that is on backorder. If it is out of stock i'm finding other options.

here is my thread about it: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111261

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up.
I guess I have to be prepared for a similar story :banghead:

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
how incompetent. Shouldn't they have been weeded out by the competition by now? How are they managing to stay afloat? oh wait...i forgot they charge 1k for metal piping.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am thinking about alternatives now, I really don't feel like putting up with this crap anymore.
Where can I get some info about the B&M kit?
Never heard about it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
i ordered a set of pulleys about a month ago... they were backordered, and rob said they would be in any day. i called every 3 or 4 days and was told "any day now"... well its been a month, and I just called today and i was told now that it will be atleast another 10 days... i cancelled my order and ordered them from roguishracing.com

i was sincerely dissapointed, especially since rob stopped replying to my emails, and since ive ordered from them in the past with no problems

·
Invalid User
10,689 Posts
I waited over 6 months for my UUC TSE2, only to find out that it was just too loud for me. Then I ordered a UUC RK3 and ebrake handle that took around 3 months. I've ordered and had to wait for other stuff too... but it's been so long that I've forgotten about it.

STOP COMPLAINING!! :flipoff: :tongue:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Just be patient, dude... I'm ordering the UUC SSK too, and it's still preordered. I want it to be very good (UUC's still working on some components), so I'll just wait patiently. Hope it doesn't take too long...

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I won't argue that it appears UUC is having some problems delivering products on a timely bases lately, but, from what I've seen, they will eventually get you what you ordered. They also stand by their products. Hopefully they can soon correct whatever problem(s) they've been having lately.

Also, try to contact Rob and see if he can help you.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I hope they will have the RK3 shift knob and the aluminium pedal set very, very soon... Their status is backorder now...

·
Registered Abuser
1,023 Posts
B8888KC said:
Just be patient, dude... I'm ordering the UUC SSK too, and it's still preordered. I want it to be very good (UUC's still working on some components), so I'll just wait patiently. Hope it doesn't take too long...
I normally avoid these threads at all costs, primarily because I don't have any personal experience with UUC, but telling the guy to be patient seems totally inappropriate, in my opinion. I appreciate what you're saying, but I just don't think it's a fair on UUC's part.

Why should a customer continually accept unfulfilled promises? It would be one thing for UUC to say that they couldn't offer a specific delivery date, or that delivery would be delayed indefinitely, but to continually offer a promise of delivery, and then fail to do so is unacceptable.

Sorry to hear everyone's problems. In my experience, it usually turns out that the person who made the promise did so sincerely, but without complete certainty that the product would be available. It is also my experience that a customer would rather have the dissapointing truth, over a string of failed commitments. From what I have seen, Rob has always been honest and up front with his business. Perhaps UUC will reconsider offering promises when they can't control the circumstances sufficiently.

Good luck to all.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Obey my dog
2,575 Posts
coffee said:
wow, i got my product from them in no time at all. :dunno:
yeah, when the part is in stock there is no problem. i've gotten a few things without issue. the problem is when it's backordered, how they handle it, and how long it takes.

·
Registered
557 Posts
yup.. most n all UUC products are back order. they take ur money now.. make u wait 6 or so months for it.. wen they dont even have the product yet.

hire me.. ill do all the shipping for u UUC

just sent all ur product to my house. =)

·
Obey my dog
2,575 Posts
hm328i said:

Schicks,

thank you for the info. According to this comparison they should be way better than the UUC SSK.:thumbup:
I am going to check on availability next.
Thanks, man.
You kind of have to take the source into account. of course B&M is going to say theirs is better. if you go to UUC's site they say theirs is better, too (http://www.shortshifter.com/comparo.htm).

If you can't get a UUC, you should probably consider the RE. I've heard a lot of good things about them.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts