BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on my F30 forum wants to add neon underglow and I'm nearly in tears.

How can you convince someone not to do something horrid to their car when you feel so strongly it's wrong, but you know, so strongly, it's their form of expression...and if they want to embarrass themselves and all other bmw owners, that's their right.

I f'n hate almost half the country and a good portion of the rest...and I've had a bourbon a little early coz taking care of my 97 year old, escaped Nazi slave-laborer dad is a real pain in the butt.

For $17.95, you can rent him out for the weekend if you promise to feed him--he likes lamb and veal.

...and anyone know a moderator on bimmerpost, so I can change my user name to dmax, not dmaxdmax which sounds both stupid and conceited.

Be safe...wear a mask. Be blue. Be Best. xoxox

OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
Time to unpimp the auto yo...
German Engineering In the House

馃お tell him to paint his tires green instead.

Reactions: jaga

Registered
Obviously many people are doing underglow or else there wouldn鈥檛 be so many listed on Amazon.

unfortunately I think there are many Bimmer bros with such bad taste (see The episode of The Grand Tour with the quote: 鈥渉e鈥檚 a professor emeritus at Tbilisi University鈥). But it鈥檚 a free country, right?

hope you鈥檙e enjoying your drink(s)!

Registered
Let me guess, he's driving an off lease 320i or 328i?

its not that uncommon to see lower trim f30's all "rice'd out", its the level of BMW you're going to get at a buy here / pay here so you can drive around in your 12% APR financed halogen headlight 320i telling people "I bought a Bee Emm DoubleU".

I can also tell you've had a bit more than a little bourbon

Registered
Dmax - you achieved my belly laugh of the day. Thank you. I love my 88yo Dad, too and he makes me crazy as well. He misses curb openings and drives over golf clubs, then casually mentions I just parked his car on two spaces as we're walking in somewhere such that I walk back across a hot parking lot just to take a photo of his gorgeous Avalon parked military-perfect between the lines to show him in the store later, he makes me laugh and makes me cry. Mostly posting because you made me laugh as I just got back from 3 weeks with my Pop.

Registered
I know exactly what you mean... Its like trying to convince someone from getting rid of their e46 for a f30... Idiots am i right?!!! F30 owners are def in that half... ;)

Registered
2004 330CI ZHP
Tons of E46 owners are like that too, given you can pick up a dog of a 320 for <$1k. Lots of the Facebook groups I'm on are full of poorly modded cars. Heck, there was that 1 post fairly recently on here of a "diffuser" upgrade on an M3. I choose not to say anything because what they do to their cars is not my concern, but internally I do shake my head at the crap that is done to some of these cars

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Let me guess, he's driving an off lease 320i or 328i?

its not that uncommon to see lower trim f30's all "rice'd out", its the level of BMW you're going to get at a buy here / pay here so you can drive around in your 12% APR financed halogen headlight 320i telling people "I bought a Bee Emm DoubleU".

I can also tell you've had a bit more than a little bourbon
But I added more than enough 7-Up. :)

Dmax - you achieved my belly laugh of the day. Thank you. I love my 88yo Dad, too and he makes me crazy as well. He misses curb openings and drives over golf clubs, then casually mentions I just parked his car on two spaces as we're walking in somewhere such that I walk back across a hot parking lot just to take a photo of his gorgeous Avalon parked military-perfect between the lines to show him in the store later, he makes me laugh and makes me cry. Mostly posting because you made me laugh as I just got back from 3 weeks with my Pop.
When you miss your pop, again, I rent mine out for weekends. :) I'm trying to get him to blow out the gutters--he keeps complaining about being 97 and my not understanding what it's like. "Dad, the gutters aren't going to blow themselves out. Up you go." :)

I know exactly what you mean... Its like trying to convince someone from getting rid of their e46 for a f30... Idiots am i right?!!! F30 owners are def in that half... ;)
They're idiots. They thought the cars were greener on the other side. Turns out they're black. Bereft of joy--powerful, comfortable, nimble--but no sense you're doing anything but riding in a Buick. BMW on this side--dark, black, bleak...the Ultimate Riding Machine...hop in, we'll do all the work for you. Care for a bourbon?"

Tons of E46 owners are like that too, given you can pick up a dog of a 320 for <$1k. Lots of the Facebook groups I'm on are full of poorly modded cars. Heck, there was that 1 post fairly recently on here of a "diffuser" upgrade on an M3. I choose not to say anything because what they do to their cars is not my concern, but internally I do shake my head at the crap that is done to some of these cars
I'm not really allowed to pick up dogs anymore. :)

Registered
I gunna stik sum Leds under my Ferd pik-up truk.

And buy me a bigger hat.

t
no cattle

Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
I'm amazed at the number of guys in my E46 FB groups who are looking for used expansion tanks and the like. Some of the things don't even make a lick of sense from a standpoint of "I don't have any money, just trying to get the car back on the road". By the time you drive somewhere to meet some random internet dude who is willing to sell you a used heater hose you've spent more than the new one would cost.

Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
I f'n hate almost half the country and a good portion of the rest...and I've had a bourbon a little early coz taking care of my 97 year old, escaped Nazi slave-laborer dad is a real pain in the butt.

For $17.95, you can rent him out for the weekend if you promise to feed him--he likes lamb and veal.
Not to be insensitive, but does the $17.95 include return shipping? And what happens if he strips his threads completely while under our care?

Registered
In fitting with the thread, I'd like to know where one finds golf cart underglow? I didn't even know I need them until you just said that.
Amazon. I think the 12v, color changing set with wireless remote was like $15. Still working 3 years later.

Registered
But I added more than enough 7-Up. :)

When you miss your pop, again, I rent mine out for weekends. :) I'm trying to get him to blow out the gutters--he keeps complaining about being 97 and my not understanding what it's like. "Dad, the gutters aren't going to blow themselves out. Up you go." :)

They're idiots. They thought the cars were greener on the other side. Turns out they're black. Bereft of joy--powerful, comfortable, nimble--but no sense you're doing anything but riding in a Buick. BMW on this side--dark, black, bleak...the Ultimate Riding Machine...hop in, we'll do all the work for you. Care for a bourbon?"

I'm not really allowed to pick up dogs anymore. :)
LMAO!! Damn it Dmax. Witty as ever. :ROFLMAO::love:

Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
I gunna stik sum Leds under my Ferd pik-up truk.

And buy me a bigger hat.

t
no cattle
An old girlfriend from many moons ago opined:

"The higher the truck is off the ground, the smaller his manhood is."

Stays with me to this day! o_O

:D
not gonna lie, as far as ricer car mods go, i kinda like underglow. i almost always strive for an OEM+ look for my cars. i'm not saying i would put it on my car, but i don't hate seeing it on the road. i like the way it lights up the road under the car.

yes...i'm serious.

Registered
Am ashamed to say i put any piece of s**t lighting on my first car (16 yrs ago) all from eBay. Stopped when smoke came through the dash from my hand twisted wire connections which were tapped (i mean stripped and twisted) into the stereo 12v. Didnt have a clue back then. Know all about current carrying capacity and resistance now though.

Registered
An old girlfriend from many moons ago opined:

"The higher the truck is off the ground, the smaller his manhood is."

Stays with me to this day! o_O
hey! that's not true! my truck is not raised at all and my manhood is already pretty sm-, um. never mind.

Registered
You all seems like good reason to not continue to read this but it's so stuck up and ignorant....are you all racist as well or think some of the elite owners such as yourselves might be done wasting your time and ours on the site named after e46s. Why did I look at this? Post information or make a friend on a dating site with the elitist bs rather than be so pathetic to have this waste of a post continue. Underglow is getting popular as well but how could you even get under the car to put it on with the stick up your asses.....lonely pathetic shit talking idiots with no friends.
Lamar? (odom) :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts