E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
frequent tire purchaser
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have HK and want to keep it so I was thinking of going with an FM Modulator. I would also like to have a controller small enough to fit in where the ashtray is currently. I want to steer away from putting it in the storage spot below the deck because I plan to put gauges there. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should go with for a controller/hardware and maybe any alternative installs?

TIA,
Mike

·
frequent tire purchaser
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would mean that I had to add a changer at the same time. I wasn't planning on doing that, but I guess I could if that was the best way..... it's just that it would cost a lot more than what I want to spend.

·
Registered
562 Posts
check out KBMWSIR

It doesn't appear that you would need to add a changer for it. It just uses the existing audio connection for sound and the radio controls to control it. It does seem like you would lose the display though.

·
frequent tire purchaser
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll call them.

Thank you,
Mike

·
Registered
683 Posts
I also believe you don't need to add the changer -- the purpose of the adapter is to connect an auxillary device (e.g., Sirius) through the changer interface and thus get it's full sound quality vs. the limited FM modulator route.

·
frequent tire purchaser
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's a little while? That would be perfect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts