BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
****** User
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have hk system and i want more bass .. so i should just get a sub and amp? should i change hk speakers or are they ok ? should i give the speakers an amp too?

·
hammer talks like this
4,206 Posts
if your satisified with the reagular speakers then leave them and just get an amp and sub for the bass

·
Registered
65 Posts
droptop - how much did you pay for your box again? everyone around here seems to want at least $350 to build one similar... :-/

·
Registered
409 Posts
ron, how much can i expect for a simple box for a single 12"? i see the crappy ones for $30, but a custom one should run me...?

·
Registered
65 Posts
ron, sweet - where do you live and can you ship it if you're not in the bay area??? :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
A single box would run around $100 with carpeting......that should be a box built of 3/4" MDF, with countersunk, predrilled screw holes, wood glued joints, and silicone ADHESIVE sealant for the interior joints.

We are in Rahway, NJ, and YES, we will ship the box :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
awesome - thanks for the advice. i'm off to search for a good box tomorrow. it's a shame shipping is so damn much down to tx, or i'd just get it from you... thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts