BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a 2005 325ci and im looking to do some things to it, to make it faster off the line.. i was thinking of putting a chip on it but im not sure whats good and whats not so good on the different kinds of companys that make chips. what brand chip would be best for my car for off the line speed?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
shark chip - turner motor sports , is the best chip for your car....check there website for dyno sheets ect.....but for all out power nothing will beat a super charger , as stated above....chip , intake , pulleys , exhaust , headers will give a fraction of the power of a s/c at the same price....note: I did not go the super charger route yet... I went the other way for like most people on here , I just wanted to do something everytime I had an extra 500-1000 dollars...That is the best part of doing the cheaper mods.. so if you do not have a lot extra cash to do a s/c , you should start with a chip and go from there... If you ever get 6k to blow , then blow your engine then.. good luck

·
Registered
21,360 Posts
supercharger or nothin at all :hi:

·
Banned
4,091 Posts
For off the line acceleration, a differential upgrade is the next best thing to supercharging. It should be the base upon which all other NA mods are built IMO. If you are manual, try to find a 3.46 diff from an auto 323/325. You'll see about an 11.5% increase in wheel torque. Won't register on dyno, but will be felt big time from a stop and in passing cars on the highway, etc.

·
Registered
966 Posts
For the 2004 and up models, Turner is coming out next month with a Conforti software upgrade. An intake, this software, pulleys, a more aggressive differential, and an exhaust would be the best bolt-on performance mods you can do. Headers and cams would also be a great upgrade but will cost more to install than the above items. Exhaust and headers will obviously make your car louder, so plan on that. Also, headers require some extra labor due to o2 sensor fitting, so if you're not doing it yourself, it will be pricey.

Regarding the supercharger, sure...if you have at least $5-7k available to spend, that would give you the most gains. However, most of us who only come up with $200 or $350 at a time every so often, the above mods are the most practical and yield some gains (which realistically, are not THAT much...but noticeable at the butt dyno). Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts