E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday when I was goin to work I noticed a "!" next to the letter "D" on my console, and a few minutes later whenever I would give it gas from a stoplight it would seem like first gear was just slipping and would take a while to get going. Then later after I restarted the car the "!" went away. but last night when I would give it gas from a start it would seem to struggle to get going. Is my tranny dying? I have 99' with 86k miles on it. If it is dying am I alble to repair it, or do I have to do a full swap?

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Not to knock you down, but it seems as if a lot of people been having trouble with their auto tranmission. One person in the FI forum also had his auto transmission replaced. I guess the "lifetime transmission fluid" that BMW is claiming might be responsible for these recently occuring problems. :dunno: Anyone else have input?

·
Registered
313 Posts
im still under my cpo warrenty and the dealer replaced like 10 parts in the tranny. later ill go to work and get my "mod book" and post these part numbers

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how much was it to replace your tranny silicuda?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts