BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some shots I just took. I have been meaning to do this since I got the car. But dont mind the broken left corner, thats not the problem (got clears on the way anyway :)). What do other E46's sedans (Pre-facelift) look like? This looks way the hell off to me.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I thought! Hmm, now how in the hell did it get so far off? And how in the hell do I adjust it all back? Aren't the corners attached to the headlamp housing?

·
Sienna Red Coupe
6,724 Posts
Looks like its a little further back than it should be. Has your car ever been in an accident?

·
Registered
289 Posts
May of been, that would explain why the lights are pushed so far back!

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Yea, it looks like they are a little bit further back in.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it was. Fawk! Look at the hood fitment to, while we are at it. God dammit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have you had your car washed at one of the autowash places? I took mine in to have it cleaned and noticed that my corner lights were like that afterwords. Not that big a deal to fix if you have the right tools. Basically the little spring hinge inside has been spaded out and you will need to get at it from the holes right above the lights in the hood and push them out.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The PO probably did, but never me. I detail the car myself! haha.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Nope, that's the way they are. I think your pic makes it look a little exaggerated, but I don't think they're off. I thought the same thing about mine when I first got my car, but if you look at all the other E46's, they're like that.

·
Registered
208 Posts
actually i dont think u need to worry abt it because it looks very similar to the positioning of my headlamps and corners. I only see it in the 99-00 models only..

is ur corner light chipped from the top or does it just seem like that?

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys for the help :)

My corner light has a hole in it. Haha. I got clears on there right now with the amber LED's. Looks so much better. Also got some clear sidemarkers with amber LED's.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Please do. Thanks man.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts