BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 02 Certified 325Ci 11/23. On 11/28 (Thanksgiving) I went to start the car up the service engine light came on and the sound like some sh*t. So, left it alone until the following morning so I could take it to the dealer. Well, the dealer had te damn car for 2 weeks. They replaced lifters, cams, injectors, etc...... I picked up the car yesterday it ran great, until I put about 50 + miles on the car. That's when the F*cking check engine light came back on and the car started to run like sh*t again. banghead:

I haven't had the freaking car for a week and I am about to tell the dealer I don't want the car. Get me a new one. What do you think?:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. From what I know about the lemon law the same problem has to occur 3-4 times within a certain time frame. However, depending on the severity of the problem i.e. brakes going out or car loses power while driving it may take less occurences. I am actually going through a lemon law case against with my 02' VW Eurovan and I had to obtain the help of a lawyer. You should consult with a lawyer. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
321 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong, but the lemon law usually applies to new cars. If you buy a used/certified pre owned, it is up to the warranty that the individual dealer gives you. In this case, CPO warranty from BMWNA. This sucks because it takes all the fun out of owning a Bimmer. Just keep on them to fix it right.

Good luck. Where did you buy the car?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PASSPORT BMW :banghead:

I think I am going to bite the bullet and just order a M3:D. This is my first time ever getting a used car and it is not a very good experience.:mad:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Considerations

We can all specfulate, but the dealer should be able to ID the problem from the codes. It does sound like the engine management system is going into a closed loop mode (allows it to run but hardly perform) because of some other problem like a malfunctioning mass air flow sensor, etc.

For what it's worth, it seems like a lot of people on this board quickly revert to profane and violent rants when the best initial approach to to approach the dealer firmly but respectfully to keep them on your side. They at least sound like they are trying to work the problem. It is better anyway that they ask BMWNA for help than to put them in a position of poisoning BMWNA's view of you before you ever get a fresh look at the problem by BMWNA.

You can buy an M3 right now on the gray market really cheap -- if you don't mind a few salt water stains on the seats.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I got my car from Passport too. Generally one of the better dealerships in this area. Who was your salesman? If you have Dan Wade, he will be able to help you. Dan Wade has helped me and my friends and his service was top notch.

You can dispute the car as not truely being certified because all of the problems. Also, they cannot sell you a "lemon" return if its a CPO.

If you are getting a M3 I would ***** at them to no end to take the car back and give you almost full credit.

Good luck

·
Registered
309 Posts
We all forget that when we buy a car, we have to pay taxes on it (ie, you don't get it back if you return)
so I don't understand how some poeple here buy the car, drive it for a week and then decide, hey, I don't like it, I am gonna sell it.

You are out who knows how many thousands of dollars just in taxes that you paid that you aint getting back!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts