E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all say about this weekend?? Early afternoon?? Meet at Hooters, and end up the same place we did last time or maybe another?? Let me know!!!!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
dmaninphx said:
What do you all say about this weekend?? Early afternoon?? Meet at Hooters, and end up the same place we did last time or maybe another?? Let me know!!!!
I'm down. Can we make it Sat night? My bud and I are going to head down to Nellis AFB to slap on my springs, SSk, and CDV delete.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hey D,

Looks like the bimmerforum guys are meeting on Sunday night at Hooters. I have to go to a bday party that night.

I wonder if we could get them to do it on Sunday early afternoon? I could probably sneek away for that.

BTW, how goes the project?

R

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SilverState said:
Hey D,

Looks like the bimmerforum guys are meeting on Sunday night at Hooters. I have to go to a bday party that night.

I wonder if we could get them to do it on Sunday early afternoon? I could probably sneek away for that.

BTW, how goes the project?

R

We were going to do Rehab at Hard Rock, but I am down to meet up Sunday afternoon for some frolicking. Either way just let me know where and when everyone wants to meet and I will be there.

As for the "project"..... The forced air box o goodies is on it's way!!!! Should be interesting now!!!! I know of this Artic Silver 996 that is in need of a spanking!!!!! {hi martin}

·
Registered
319 Posts
dmaninphx said:
We were going to do Rehab at Hard Rock, but I am down to meet up Sunday afternoon for some frolicking. Either way just let me know where and when everyone wants to meet and I will be there.

As for the "project"..... The forced air box o goodies is on it's way!!!! Should be interesting now!!!! I know of this Artic Silver 996 that is in need of a spanking!!!!! {hi martin}
Hey D, thanks again for the referral to the Shin Shop...I'll be droppin off my wheels for powdercoating this week...:thumbup: Can we have a meet next weekend? Only reason cuz it's my mom's b-day this weekend and I will need to be down in OC. When you gettin the S/C installed? When you do, we'll have to go out to Midnight Mayhem to get some 1/4 mile times...:clap:

·
Registered
319 Posts
SilverState said:
I guess I am going to be the slow one...:rolleyes:

You guys willing to give me some space and the go?:idea:
You mean a head start? Sure why not I'll give you a second head start, I'm in the giving mood...:spit:

·
Registered
449 Posts
USCTrojanMan29 said:
You mean a head start? Sure why not I'll give you a second head start, I'm in the giving mood...:spit:
Poor Martin from OC. You did not do much street racing growing up, eh?

Lesson number one: On the street, there are a number of ways to start a race. One way is with a flagger. Sometime, they lift their arms in the air and drop them. Other times, they will do a point, point, raise, drop. Sometimes, a flashlight is used. And other times, the street lights are used. But in cases where one car has a power adder and the other does not, one car might get the go. Meaning the race starts when the car with the go goes (no flagger or light used).

Lesson number two: On the track, you have dial in times and the lights are set to go off at different times, depending on the dial in time. On the streets, you don't have that luxury. Sooo, space is sometimes used to make an otherwise uneven race more even. Typically, two n/a cars with similar weight, similar drivetrain, and similar tires, but where one car has a bigger and/or more powerful motor, space will be used. Same thing with power adders. One car has a turbo or supercharger and the other does not, space will be used. What do I mean by space? The car without the power adder will move up a few spaces and both cars will begin the race from their respective positions. Five to Six cars and the go is typical for an n/a car racing a power adder car, all other things being equal.

After that, it is a driver's race. Whoever launches better and hits all the gears right will win.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
USCTrojanMan29 said:
Hey D, thanks again for the referral to the Shin Shop...I'll be droppin off my wheels for powdercoating this week...:thumbup: Can we have a meet next weekend? Only reason cuz it's my mom's b-day this weekend and I will need to be down in OC. When you gettin the S/C installed? When you do, we'll have to go out to Midnight Mayhem to get some 1/4 mile times...:clap:

Sounds good to me.... I think we should all just plan on next weekend since this is short notice, and everyone that can make it this weekend we can still have us a little fun!!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SilverState said:
I guess I am going to be the slow one...:rolleyes:

You guys willing to give me some space and the go?:idea:

I will be more than happy to give you a little space, but your car is already quick and w/ gears I am not going to give you any more than 3 spots!!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
dmaninphx said:
I will be more than happy to give you a little space, but your car is already quick and w/ gears I am not going to give you any more than 3 spots!!!
Now there's a man who has done some street racing. I love the pre-race haggling...

3 and the go right? Wait, are we talking Stage II here? I might need to run drag radials versus your regular radials. You know you are gonna get me on the big end (maybe)...

·
Registered
319 Posts
SilverState said:
Now there's a man who has done some street racing. I love the pre-race haggling...

3 and the go right? Wait, are we talking Stage II here? I might need to run drag radials versus your regular radials. You know you are gonna get me on the big end (maybe)...
Sorry didnt do much street racing back in my day...I was sportin a Toyota 4x4 pick-up...:lmao:

·
Registered
449 Posts
USCTrojanMan29 said:
Sorry didnt do much street racing back in my day...I was sportin a Toyota 4x4 pick-up...:lmao:
Unfortunately for my driving record, I did a little TOO MUCH street racing many years ago...

:dunno:

BTW Martin, do you still have those race pipes on there?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SilverState said:

Yes we are talking stage II..... 3 and go is fair I would think..... NO drag radials!!!! Street tires vs. street tires.... AND as far as the big end is concerned??? I have 3 initials for you ZEX!!!!! and it is how I like my women...WET BABY!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
At least you have other cars to drive...:lmao:

Just kidding, I have used nitrous for years with little incident. Think of it like a gun. It is good to have, you want to avoid using it more than you have to, it is dangerous, it does require precautions, but when you really need it, you will be happy it is there.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I am not too concerned with the damages that are associated with it... I think I have grown out of the days where all you want to do is be on the juice all day just because it is there.... So hopefully with this go around I can be a little more responsible with it.... Plus if id does go then it will be time to REALLY build this S-54.....

·
Registered
319 Posts
SilverState said:
Unfortunately for my driving record, I did a little TOO MUCH street racing many years ago...

:dunno:

BTW Martin, do you still have those race pipes on there?
Yeah, I still wake the dead and piss the neighbors off...:lmao: I love how the car performs with them on, but the sound is just over the top...:yikes:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah I am gonna need that number too!!!! Lets try to all get together this Sunday!!!! What do you all say???

1 - 20 of 82 Posts