BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about goin to the track tomm. to run sum quater miles....n e one have n e suggestions or techniques of getting good quater mile times....i have SMG.....i was thinking of once trying launch control....wen shud i shift at?.....i was thinking a lil before 7900.....and another technique i was thinking of was doing launch control and then putting it in A5 so it shifts auto at 7900 and then i was gonna try without launch control.....and im gonna have sport mode on the whole time...n e one have diff suggestions or n e thin?.....please let me know soon...thank you!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
n e suggestions?

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,962 Posts
i can help you with this big time

first thing run your car with 1/4 to 1/2 tank of gas
second take out the air compresser in trunk

third shift at 5,600 rpm that is the best shift point

fourth put your tire press. in back tires around 26 to 28 lbs air
front tires put at 44 lbs of air so front tires will roll free
and back tires will have a wide batch to stick also run so3 tires

fifth if you want to run faster put slick tires that are 1/2 slick and 1/2 perf tire. on your car

sixth make your car kool down between runs even if you run only once it will show if you kool it down.

seven put 94 oct if you can find it or 93 those oct. are very good for the 3 series car.

eight don't floor your car step down fast but easy you don't want to do a burn out you want your tires to stick and make you go fast off the line specially in launch mode

take off dsc put it in s6 mode and hold it in first but the stick is foward then slab it in first when you hit 1,800 rpm and put on sport mode on

good luck and let us know how you make out
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,055 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my fastest 1/4 mile was a 13.7.......i had no mods dun or mess with n e thin on my car....i ran it as it was....it was fun....i plan to go again soon !

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,962 Posts
i have one thing to say to you

GordonMurray said:
If I were you, I'd start here.
if you can't say anything nice to say PLEASE DON'T SAY ANYTHING.
if that is directed to me i say f--k off i think you can understand what i am trying to say. sorry i don't meet your level of writing.
so don't say anything to me in the future and we will get along great
bobm3 :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,962 Posts
smg as no clutch for you to press

BMWERKEN said:
Eh...SMG is too complicated...hit the clutch, hit the gear, hit the gas and i'm gone...easy enough for me...
it is comp. control you don't have to do anything with the clutch...
but i know what you mean. but what i said can shave a good 1/2 sec. off your time no fooling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,962 Posts
Re: Re: i can help you with this big time

BabyBlack said:
bobm3 said:
third shift at 5,600 rpm that is the best shift point

Isn't that shift at 5600rpm is a bit low??
i heard about this in bimmerforums under 1/4 racing

they say that the m3 gets around 85 % of its power band at that rpm so they want you to go thru most of the 6 speeds so that why you can. if you wait untill 7,900 rpm you will only be in the 3 or 4 gear it is better for the car to pick up speed doing this way.
if you want to see for yourself what they have to say just go to
www.bimmerforums.com under 1/4 mile racing and see for yourself. i heard of this before to it is the best point to shift to get the most power from each gear............

believe me i would not say anything to harm or make anybody do something not right on the drag strip track
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts