BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean, but on the other side... in our 5-series, I wouldn't want a manual tranny. Steptronics suit larger luxury saloons better than in the 3-series. Great for longer drives. Manual tranny in a 5-series is kinda poverty spec, except for the M5 of course :). I wouldn't want step in a 3 series, just doesn't suit the more sporty nature of the car.

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
why the hell do people say steptronic as if its something special, its just a friggin crappy ass regular automatic.
why don't you write BMW a letter...

It is their product not ours!

:facepalm:

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think it's ok, if you were driving a longer time with step-auto, it's some fun too. Of course for track it's better to have manual. I've driven manual for more then 8 years, and at first it's fun, then it's routine and auto is better for every day driving any way. I have auto now, and probably will keep same.

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
"If you don't like step then leave it the fvck alone! Why start a thread whining about it....
wah wah wah wah...

whiny little twits. "

QUOTE]

Somebody has a long shifter stuck in his a$$.
no not at all. It's like every week someone puts on the Captain Obvious hat and creates one of these Steptronic-is-bad-to-drive threads.

Whats the point of whining about something you don't even own? BMW makes the car and we buy and drive them. Their production have nothing to do with how we "feel" about them.

Unless you are in the business of making a better BMW or cars then keep your opinions about the car I'm driving to yourself.

I've driven a stick before and yeah I like it, but I will never buy a stick because it is pointless to drive a stick where I live (NYC) in a place where there is rush hour stop and go traffic 24/7.

But you don't see us steptronic drivers starting threads whining about driving a manual car to work in 2 hour rush hour commute.

·
Halfway to 2L
2,505 Posts
If I drove one I would keep slamming my left foot down every time I shifted.
oh man, I do this all the time when I drive my wife's e90. The bad part is sometimes you get the brake pedal since it is so much larger. This of course leads to strange looks and comments from passengers as you jerk them around from the sudden stop.

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
Everyone that defends the step in this thread gets a :facepalm:
not defending anything kiddo.

just defending the pointless-ness of whinny little twits starting anti-step threads every couple of days.

Unless your a$$ bought the car I'm driving then
!

I don't complain about your car...so
!

and stop

1 - 20 of 230 Posts