BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
****** User
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasted 2 hours and it looks like i got a regular car wash.......no shine...any techniques i should know

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,831 Posts
Zaino and zymol are both good waxes to use. I have to spend about 3-4 hours doing a full out Zymol treatment and its worth it. If I dont take my time I end up with swirl marks and those drive me friggin' crazy :mad:

·
Registered
740 Posts
well if u wax u have to wait like 1 min after you put it on to dry. To make it even shinier waity till it dries and add another coat on top of it. Hope this helps

·
Registered
405 Posts
Forget about waxing your car... Just get some ZAINO show car polish .This stuff shines, protects and lasts longer than any WAX you can use on your car. Just follow the directions when applying it and you will get a shine that hard to beat... If you must use wax on your car, then get some P21S Carnuba Wax... The shine is great but it doesn't last as long as ZAINO....... You can get Zaino from them direct at www.zainobros.com

·
booo for body roll.
3,417 Posts
definitely not. you have to mailorder it!

personally, i don't see the point in mailordering wax (even tho i have heard many great things about it) i just use zymol and i think that works absolutely fine! oh yea, don't buff in circles.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hey Mike...I have been waxing cars since 1965 when I got my brand new 65 GTO... I have used everything from Turtle Wax to Zymol and everything in between.... If you are looking for just a great shine, then there are many wax products on the market that will do the trick... BUT, if you are looking for outstanding shine, protection and durability, then ZAINO is the only way to go... Take some advice from an old fossil, this stuff is great....

·
Registered
524 Posts
rvnvet said:
Hey Mike...I have been waxing cars since 1965 when I got my brand new 65 GTO... I have used everything from Turtle Wax to Zymol and everything in between.... If you are looking for just a great shine, then there are many wax products on the market that will do the trick... BUT, if you are looking for outstanding shine, protection and durability, then ZAINO is the only way to go... Take some advice from an old fossil, this stuff is great....
Absolutely! ZAINO is AWESOME!! I don't use anything else. I Zaino'd my car back in October before the winter kicked in here. Even when I go through a touchless wash to get roadgrime off of the car all I have to do is dry it off and she sparkles! I love that stuff!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Awesome-E46 said:

when I go through a touchless wash
Touchless car wash?? How do they work by not touching the car? By powerful detergents that are eating away at that great Zaino job you did, thats how.

Do you have the new mirrors on? How are they?

·
Registered
524 Posts
beauport said:

Touchless car wash?? How do they work by not touching the car? By powerful detergents that are eating away at that great Zaino job you did, thats how.

Do you have the new mirrors on? How are they?
LOL!! Always bustin' my balls!! Better to go touchless than let all of that salt and roadgrime stay on my car!

Mirrors and my Hamann roof spoiler getting painted as we speak. Will be installed by end of next week!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Awesome-E46 said:

LOL!! Always bustin' my balls!! Better to go touchless than let all of that salt and roadgrime stay on my car!

Mirrors and my Hamann roof spoiler getting painted as we speak. Will be installed by end of next week!!:thumbup:
For me its a toss up about leaving the crap on the car or using a touchless. I usually end up waiting just until its warm enough that I can wash the car at home using warm water from running the hose out from inside, or using a wand wash without any soap just to get the grime off.

I'll be eager to hear what you think about the mirros and especially the report on how the place you're using does, they sure have a good rep.

·
my 3rd e46, 1st ///M
2,675 Posts
where in the dc area do you go touchless?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Re: If you need info on waxing.....

bimmerman11 said:
you should check out www.autopia.com. You'll find an abundance of help there. Good luck.

Marc
www.autopia.com is Dental Practice Management Software? I'm sure I would find an abundance of help if I actually owned a dental practice. Ahh hell , If I owned a dental practice I wouldn;t even need a BMW to get b1tches!!! I could just use all those anesthetics on my patients and have my way!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts