E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:Hey the little wire clip that holds the MAF electrode to the sensor bounced off when trying to take off the Massive Air Flow Sensor to clean it....Can you help???? Where Can I get one?

:yikes:Its the little silver clip on top of this electrode connector held by the hand

If someone could tell me how to order one...
or....
if could send me one via pay pal or something
that would greatly be appreciated
thank you in advance...

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I looked at the picture and noticed the ziptie between the MAF and the intake.....but it does seem like he really needs the electrical connector clip.....

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Go to a regional forum and ask if someone has spare engine harness or if there is a junkyard in your neighborhood.
And stop calling it Massive Air Flow Sensor or they will make fun of you :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its the electrical connector clip. I found one at a dealer and you basically have to buy the whole plastic assembly. I was trying to avoid that since I don't know how to reconnect the assembly....

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,982 Posts
So you can just remove the clip from the connector you got...I think you can get it on the old connector without messing around with wiring.

Also, I was going to say 'magnet on a stick'--an essential tool...and it might help you recover that clip for the maf to intake too. Bet it's hiding in your car somewhere...along with that other clip you just bought.

·
Registered
98,872 Posts
Its the electrical connector clip. I found one at a dealer and you basically have to buy the whole plastic assembly. I was trying to avoid that since I don't know how to reconnect the assembly....
Correct. Unfortunately, in all of my harness dealings, I haven't found that clip for sale separately. It's part of the connector.
It's easy enough to pull the clip off and put it onto your original MAF connector. Junk harnesses are great for spare parts like that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found the MAF socket clip at Pelican Parts!

I last saw my MAF socket clip go zinging off into the night when I used a little too much force disconnecting it.

I finally found the clip sold separately at Pelican parts for $5.50.

Part # 13-71-1-707-044-M9

It's a lot of cash for a little piece of wire, but it's better than having the piece fall off or having to buy the whole socket.

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
For those who don't know you don't have to remove it to disconnect, just push it down instead, that disengages it.

·
Registered
98,872 Posts
I last saw my MAF socket clip go zinging off into the night when I used a little too much force disconnecting it.

I finally found the clip sold separately at Pelican parts for $5.50.

Part # 13-71-1-707-044-M9

It's a lot of cash for a little piece of wire, but it's better than having the piece fall off or having to buy the whole socket.

I hope this helps!
Crudy, just to clarify, what you listed above is the clip that holds the MAF assembly to the airbox.
The OP lost the clip that holds the electrical connector onto the MAF. I think a lot of people try to pry it off the connector when it's just supposed to be pressed down while pulling the plug off. For cars with the 3-pin MAF, you'd want to get 12521427222, pull the spring clip off and pop it back on the original connector without disconnecting anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's the clip!

Dear cyberkaa,
You're absolutely right! The MAF electrical connector plug is part # 12521427222 and I've found it several places (including ECS Tuning) for about $3 or less. I will get one on my next order, take the clip from it, and remember to "press, not pull" from now on.
Thanks for the correct info!:clap:

·
Registered
98,872 Posts
Dear cyberkaa,
You're absolutely right! The MAF electrical connector plug is part # 12521427222 and I've found it several places (including ECS Tuning) for about $3 or less. I will get one on my next order, take the clip from it, and remember to "press, not pull" from now on.
Thanks for the correct info!:clap:
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Someone just send him one you have from a spare.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts