E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an e90 for the sig other, and I bought her '02 330 convertible because I like the car and she owed me some money.

The car is a 5-speed 330 vert with 18x8 Beyerns and 40-series tires. The car looks good, but desperately needs a drop. I want a good look, but I'm too old to drive a car that will make my eyeballs rattle in their cages. I have a Boxster with 18's if i want to make my love handles shake.

Talk to me about springs that will drop the car about an inch without making it ride like a skateboard.

FYI: Searched every term I could think of. Found nothing that answers my questions.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm tryin'.

Snapped a quick shot this afternoon. Light's a bit harsh, but at least the sun was out.

Will an inch be enough?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been here for 25 years, and the local slang is stuck in my brain. I catch myself saying all kinds of stupid **** these days.

Is the Cupkit struts & springs? The car had OEM struts installed a year ago. I'm looking for springs only.

I'm planning to play with some spacers on the rear, too. I want to put the wheels closer to the fender edge.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yeah cupkit is springs and shocks. Sport springs will kill that front fender gap and you can run those with your OEM shocks. If you go to race springs, most recommend a spring shock matched set. Because the lowered springs will kill your stock shocks faster...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd be interested in those OEM springs when you do the switch. My sig just got an 02 330 with the 18" setup and is having some issues with tire rubbing.

·
Registered
512 Posts
u car looks like a SUV lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts