E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -

My 2001 (04/2001) 330i was hit in a parking lot. Not too major. Someone in an X5 backed into me, despite her backup warning buzzer going off the whole time...

Anyway... I talked to the guy who is overseeing the body work, which is a top notch facility in town. I asked him if I had to go with the original bumper (rear) or of I could request a different one. He said, "sure, just let me know which one you want. You will get compensated for a OE bumper, if the bumper you want is less, I'll write you a check. If your bumper is more, you'll just have to pay the difference".

So... I think I want to take the opportunity to get a different bumper. I may get one for the front at the same time, if the money isn't too bad.

I've not done much research on aftermarket bumpers. What's a good bumper that would upgrade my look that would be equal or less than the cost of the OE bumper?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I like the MTech kits that ECS sells. My car came factory with MTech I, which I absolutely love. The MTech II is very clean and OEM looking while giving a more aggressive look as well. ECS has numerous options for bumpers, so does Bavarian Auto Sport. Head over and check them out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts