E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy's.

Here is the problem.

I have recently bought a used pair of eagle eye LED tail lights for my e46 2004 4 door.

When i got home, i realise that they were made for 2001 model.

Everything fits perfectly. Except for the connection.

The connector on my car (2004) IS A 7 PIN,
(this is not the ACTUAL pic of my connector, mine is not damaged...)

The one on the tail lights (2001), is a 6 pin.

What can i do?

Is there a harness or a adapter?

If i cut my car 6pin connector to change it to the 6 in one, where does the 7th wire go?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
did you ever find a fix?

I have the opposite problem.

The kit I bought has 7 pin but the car has 6 pin feed

from kit:

from car:

Is there any way to adapt one to the other?

(sorry about the giant pix)

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I'm curious about this as well. Its definitely possible (at least to go from 6-7 pin). Bmw apparently makes an adaptor to retrofit face lifted tails onto a preface so it is possible. We just need someone with that kit already on their car to chime in on what it looks like so we can mimic it! Or reverse it in your case

·
Registered
3 Posts
Made a mistake ordering

Did you make a mistake ordering or did the seller mess it up? If they messed up have them send the correct one and give you a return label.
Thanks for the response.

I have a pre-facelift 325i (man. date of 9/00). My son gave me some cash to order some LED tail lights and I did not notice that the kit was for post-facelift.

This kit is EagleEyes Mfg Part#E464TREDLED2SMK which I got here: http://www.ecstuning.com/ES1831938/

The screwup is all mine but I was hopeful to adapt the kit to the car since the lad is quite happy with the look of the new set.

The fitment is good and I think that if I can get a definitive pin-to-pin mapping I can fab an adapter but so far, I have not really found something that tells me what wire goes where.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The fitment is good and I think that if I can get a definitive pin-to-pin mapping I can fab an adapter but so far, I have not really found something that tells me what wire goes where.
ECS is good about working with you if this stuff happens. I would call them tomorrow and ask if you can do a swap. My parts buying is practically exclusive with them because of the awesome customer service.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the response.

I have a pre-facelift 325i (man. date of 9/00). My son gave me some cash to order some LED tail lights and I did not notice that the kit was for post-facelift.

This kit is EagleEyes Mfg Part#E464TREDLED2SMK which I got here: http://www.ecstuning.com/ES1831938/

The screwup is all mine but I was hopeful to adapt the kit to the car since the lad is quite happy with the look of the new set.

So basically, I have what you need and you have what I need!
If you want, we can exchange the trunk parts. The 2 black covers with the wires that hook up to the lights.

And we would be all set!

What do you think?

I could ship mine tomorrow Monday. You would receive within a couple of days. I am in Canada Montreal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So basically, I have what you need and you have what I need!
If you want, we can exchange the trunk parts. The 2 black covers with the wires that hook up to the lights.

And we would be all set!

What do you think?

I could ship mine tomorrow Monday. You would receive within a couple of days. I am in Canada Montreal.
A answer would be appreciated!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts