E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 BMW 325i
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys So i just did a clutch fan delete and also a mishimoto fan controll for the cluster fan because I just finished a head gasket job and complete cooling overhaul. Now with the fan turning on at 90 degrees temp, Full Power! my temperature still goes up to 97 with the heater on and when i switch to ac it goes up to 99 tops!! is this normal??? The fan is full blast and when I did the mishimoto controller conversion I made sure the fan's air is facing towards the engine! and whats also wierd is the if I rev it at 2k and stay there the temp goes down 2 to 3 degrees lower I dont know what to do is 99 degrees normal idle temp?? please helppp :(
BTW the car is 2001 Bmw 325i ( I can do steps on fan contoll guide if u guys want also )

·
Administrator
2004 330Ci 115k miles
16,314 Posts
Totally normal. Operating temps for M54 are around 96C-98C.

Why did you retrofit a Mishimoto fan controller when the stock one is already optimum?

·
Registered
2001 BMW 325i
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but my fan is on full blast and still idling at 99. is that normal?
and I did the mishimoto because after the head gasket job the fan wasnt working at all i tried everything with ac on and everything every forum u can found says but nothin worked so i hotwired the fan and it worked so now i did the mishimoto to make the fan work, i also couldnt find the weather temperature on my car model at all that i found on everyones ( the one that attached to the clutch fan shroud ) and couldnt find any wire thats suppose to be for it, is it normal to not have that on other models? or is it why my fan wasnt working?

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
6,789 Posts
Let me get this straight from the 3 posts you've made about this.

1 You did a fan fan/clutch delete.
2 You removed the very good BMW electric fan fan/controller.
3 You installed an aftermarket part and it only comes on when the thing gets near the trouble zone?
4 You just did a head gasket?

My question surrounds #2 & 3, WHY?

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,998 Posts
99 isn't bad when idling, OP. My fan triggered to come on at 98.

Revving the car will drop the temp because you're circulating coolant faster.

I think you should read a number of cooling threads until you feel cold inside--that's a sign you understand. :)

·
Registered
2001 BMW 325i
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me get this straight from the 3 posts you've made about this.

1 You did a fan fan/clutch delete.
2 You removed the very good BMW electric fan fan/controller.
3 You installed an aftermarket part and it only comes on when the thing gets near the trouble zone?
4 You just did a head gasket?

My question surrounds #2 & 3, WHY?
so I did a Head gasket job because i got the car not running with blown head gasket from someone!. I got the problem fixed and replaced a lot of cooling parts and my problem now is the very good electric fan wont work! I did all the troubleshooting and signal checks and everything but the thing wouldnt work when the ac is on or when the temp is high as its suppose to work on those times, so i did the mishimoto to make the fan work without any of the bmw bs signals or stuff because the fan was good when its dirrectly hotwired...... but also i noticed My car didnt have the weather sensor thats attached to the fan shroud which is suppose to controll the fan also??? is it possible that my car really just dont have that part or is it lost before i even got the car? the problem is that i dont see any wires at all near that area thats suppose to be for it. so please i need help because if i can make the fan work like oem, im returning the mishimoto controller in no time and bring it all baack to normal.

·
Registered
2001 BMW 325i
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
99 isn't bad when idling, OP. My fan triggered to come on at 98.

Revving the car will drop the temp because you're circulating coolant faster.

I think you should read a number of cooling threads until you feel cold inside--that's a sign you understand. :)
did you do mishimoto controller too? if so, where did you put the temperature probe?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts