BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to install Hella aftermarket HID system? I got the H7 system. How does the new HID bulb fit into the light housing? And how do I lock it into place and also how do I connect wires for the Hid to my original one>? Please help. By the way mine doesn't come with the factory xenon.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
unless you got a kit designed specifically for the E46, it won't work right. I've been there previously before I got the factory pieces. The ONLY kit to get for the E46 non-xenon housing is from HIDs4LESS they have a specific E46 kit w/ the OEM plastic rings attached for the factoory housing. It's as easy as it get's. If you just have a universal kit for housings w/ H7 bulbs, save yourself MUCH grief & send it back..

·
Banned
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cls1000 said:
unless you got a kit designed specifically for the E46, it won't work right. I've been there previously before I got the factory pieces. The ONLY kit to get for the E46 non-xenon housing is from HIDs4LESS they have a specific E46 kit w/ the OEM plastic rings attached for the factoory housing. It's as easy as it get's. If you just have a universal kit for housings w/ H7 bulbs, save yourself MUCH grief & send it back..
Do you know how much Hids4less sell their kit for?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yeah u might want to get another kit, plus with 9000k u will barely be able to see. At the most go with a 6000k kit:thumbup:

·
Banned
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sanman10535 said:
Yeah u might want to get another kit, plus with 9000k u will barely be able to see. At the most go with a 6000k kit:thumbup:
Too late! I got the 9000k on my none xenon 330ci already. I was very simple if you know what to do. And about the color it is super crazy. The ground is pure purple and hyper white. I can see better than them cars with 6000k or less X3!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts