E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Tag Welcome to the forum!

It seems as if the hose you’re showing is either the Vacum hose that goes from the back of the Intake manifold to the Vacum Canister that sits to the right of the starter Under the intake manifold

OR it’s the Vacuum hose that runs from the Fuel Pressure regulator (Fuel Pressure Regulator is attached to the Fuel Filter) see attached Photo

and that hose runs from there runs to the bottom port of the F connector that goes into the Intake boot
(Labeled SMALL hose in Photo)

·
Premium Member
2001 BMW 330XI
100 Posts
The other end is connected somewhere under the air intake manifold
If that's the case I would assume the end you're holding attaches to the back /firewall side of the intake manifold. The other end most likely is attached to your vacuum canister which is indeed underneath the intake manifold directly to the right of your starter as you're facing the vehicle.

·
Registered
2001 Bmw 325xi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If that's the case I would assume the end you're holding attaches to the back /firewall side of the intake manifold. The other end most likely is attached to your vacuum canister which is indeed underneath the intake manifold directly to the right of your starter as you're facing the vehicle.
Do you know where to attach it at or could give me a picture?

·
Premium Member
2001 BMW 330XI
100 Posts
I can try and get you a picture of mine. I have a 330xi so I'm not sure if it'll match up 100%. Give me a minute and I'll go see what I can see, just got home from work lol

Picture isn't mine, but I used this to replace the CCV system this last Saturday. That top one labeled "vacuum reservoir" is where I'm thinking that hose should attach to.

·
Registered
2001 Bmw 325xi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can try and get you a picture of mine. I have a 330xi so I'm not sure if it'll match up 100%. Give me a minute and I'll go see what I can see, just got home from work lol View attachment 911416

Picture isn't mine, but I used this to replace the CCV system this last Saturday. That top one labeled "vacuum reservoir" is where I'm thinking that hose should attach to.
Thank you, I have a 325xi and will be trying this as soon as I get home.

·
Registered
2001 325ci
1,184 Posts
thanks for the reminder BaliDawg, just updated mine. how about u update your 85k miles. or is it really young 16 yr old car?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts