BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so heres the deal i put an mtech bumper on my car, a 2004 325ci. the brake ducts that came with the mtech bumper fall hella short and don't connect with the longer duct behind the bumper, however the longer STOCK duct reaches the bumper but doesn't bend into the bumpers brake duct hole and instead falls in the long grill in the middle bumper.

i hope this makes any sense but has anyone done this and gotten around it?

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,545 Posts
Honestly, if I were you, I'd drop the OEM ducts all together. This may sound ghetto but it's the only time you can put duct tape on your car and get away with it. To route brake cooling more effectively, Le Mans teams use housing duct obtainable from Home Depot or OSH or some place like that. Yes it may be ghetto, but it insulates the air a lot better than the crappy OEM plastic ducts and can be customized to fit around any problems. Best of all it's cheap and easy to do. That would be my recommendation :dunno:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you understood what i said? lol
where does the duct tape come into play?

this is available at home depot? is that what it is called, housing duct? excuse my newbness but i'm sure you know the answers to my questions, i see you answering almost everyones questions, i want to tell you that really stand up, thanks man.

·
Rogue Engineering
2,495 Posts
I understood you...I think I bent my stock ones into place

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sup Strazza! i tried bending mine and since the duct is just two pieces clipped together when i'd bend it the bastard would unclip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts