BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 325ci. Just got home from work and went to lock up and the car locked and unlocked itself when I used the keypad. I waited a minute and the windows rolled down and sunroof went back by themselves. Wtf is going on some help me out here. I'm sitting in my drive way bugging out right now!

·
:D
7,725 Posts
what is a keypad?

·
:D
7,725 Posts
if your electronics are freaking out disconnect your battery for a while. like 15 min. then reconnect. see what happens. if its just your key that's not working it could just be the key is messed up

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would check the second key to see if the first one is acting up. If this does not cure it, move on to the car itself as suggested in the above posts.

·
/// Limitless
3,504 Posts
I would check the second key to see if the first one is acting up. If this does not cure it, move on to the car itself as suggested in the above posts.
+1

It could be that that the unlock button on the key itself is stuck/shorted in the "unlock" position, which would cause what you've described. Try a second key and see if the problem still exists (with the suspect key well out of range). If the same problem exists then as vadim said move on to the car.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was only given one key when I brought the car :-(

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Removed battery for 15mins. At this point the key does not work. Tried locking from inside the car and doors look then unlock after a minute or two. When car is on doors unlock right away.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When car is off I can hear a clicking up front by the glovebox then sunroof and windows go down. With no key inside the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts