E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned a few cars in the past. I always dreaded the day that they would break down because they would no doubt drain my bank account. I almost feared my car. Once I was able to afford the e46 of my dreams, that fear became non-existent. I love that I can repair my car with fairly priced parts. The other night I was driving on the freeway when my battery light came on and the engine temp was rising. I had known that the water pump was on it's way out, so I picked one up earlier in the week with the plan to install it that weekend. So my car is on the side of the freeway and I diagnosed the problem, and replaced the water pump and bled the system on the side of the freeway in about 40 minutes. I grin whenever I hear people I know say they would never own a BMW because they are so expensive to maintain while they ***** about the 600 dollar alternator job they had to have done on their overpriced import piece of crap. God I love my car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's hard to believe. Remove the fan, the belt was already off, 4 bolts for the pulley, 4 nuts for the pump, break the seal for the pump, insert the new pump, reapply said nuts and bolts, slip the belt back on, and pop on the fan. It takes a couple of minutes to bleed the coolant system. I also had my friend to hold the flashlight for me. It's really not hard to work on these cars.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Way to be a douche. I love my car. I fell in love with this design when they first came out. Why do I need to dream "Bigger" when I am content with what I have? I am proud of my car, and have no intentions of getting rid of her anytime soon.
If handed 60k to spend on a car but you had to crush your e46... would this stand true? Or would you buy a porsche?

I think most people here (at least with coupes) would crush it and buy the porsche...:shhh:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is no way I would buy a Porsche. If I was handed 60k I would get an e46 M3, an e46 328i, and a 1970's 2002. Just because I don't dream about new flashy cars that are well out of my price (of living comfortably) doesn't make my dreams any less important. I love that I bought my car with cash, and I don't have a monthly car payment. I love the e46 body design. I love that I can work on these cars with limited difficulty. I love that I fit comfortably in them (I'm 6'5, and have plenty of head and leg room) That seems to be the problem with people today, they can't be happy with what they have. There is always something newer and shiny that people are supposed to claw at. I just don't think that way.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I too love my e46. However I have bigger dreams than simply own it.
On the next 5 years or so after graduation and finding a stable job. I will take my e46 currently with 130k miles and drive it to Alaska and back. Crossing most of Canada and northern Usa. That's is only a beginning.
In time I will drive this car to every province on Canada and visit all 49 States on America(Hawaii sorry
That will be true love between man and machine.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Some people make BMW owners look like *******s. Either way I like this thread OP. ALTHOUGH!!! In time you will find not everything is not as easy as it should be on your E46. Happy motoring, and I love my BMW very much too.

·
Registered
559 Posts
On the next 5 years or so after graduation and finding a stable job. I will take my e46 currently with 130k miles and drive it to Alaska and back. Crossing most of Canada and northern Usa. That's is only a beginning.
In time I will drive this car to every province on Canada and visit all 49 States on America(Hawaii sorry
Stock a full tool box and some prev. maint. parts :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,267 Posts
lol. Half the time I can't even tell when you're being serious on here.

Bring your car to a meet sometime :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
If handed 60k to spend on a car but you had to crush your e46... would this stand true? Or would you buy a porsche?

I think most people here (at least with coupes) would crush it and buy the porsche...:shhh:
I would get a 335is, or a 135i M sport outfitted with $8k worth of BMW performance parts.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.