E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe that I had my cold air intake on. Also I was turning when i started off which I'm sure slowed the car a bit. The needle is on 60MPH, it doesn't look like it because the shot was taken at a angle.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
that is kinda slow. If it was 4.36 secs I would be interested. heh.

Bolt on a supercharger and try that again. :thumbup:

·
Registered
196 Posts
thats quick, i expected a much higher number like in the 8's somewhere. not bad maybe someday you can take a accord:thumbup:

·
TX Dinan 3
796 Posts
damn, my 330ci step w/ Dinan stage three,TB,CAIS and step software ran a 7.1 0-60....i also have a 13w7,cap,dual batteries and amp and had a friend that weighed like 220ish in the car but still, good run

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
NO! Stupid

I started the camera before. I then sliced the frames from when I took off to when I hit 60. Since in my editing program I can go frame by frame to the miliseconds, I know when the speedo needly moved to know when I started and audibly when I started and hit 60MPH as well since I let of the gas. The clip time is 7.36 seconds. No the camera isn't running fast. Silly poster.

I've actually had better runs I feel doing torque braking. I always felt I doing this I was getting in the 6's. Also if you read my posting on "Electronic Throttle Adaptation Reset Procedures", after I've reset it, my car fees like it's pulling 0-60 in 7 seconds.

I actually video taped my 0-60 run back then because I was interested to know my time since I put in my own custom cold air intake and I thought my butt dyno felt like I was getting 10HP.

..lifo said:
So you started the camera exactly when you took off? Silly post

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: MPG

I actually get less these days now that I take a different route to work. I do only city driving.

12.9 MPG @ 13.7 MPH.

Throwin_Heat said:
why you only getting 14.4 mpg ?? mine says 19.7 dunno if its correct
who knows

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm sure your one of those people who post all the time about BMW quality.

So now the speedo is broken, you people kill me. Always gotta be NAYSAYer's out there. No the speedo is accurate. Speedo's can have as high as 5MPH variance. In the case of BMW, if you are priviledged enough to see the wiring diagram, you'd know as I do, BMW placed a lot of emphasis on the speedometer and it's connectivity to the CAN bus network within the car. I highly doubt that they have as high a variance. I'd assume a 2MPH variance at worst.

One thing YOU have to realize is engine variance. Some engine's are stronger than others with up to a 15 percent variance in crude manufacturing. Electronic components have very little variance and are counted in milliseconds.

Go do a search, I've seen a 330 dyno that has throttlebody, software, intake, and exhaust making only slighty more HP than someone else who dyno'd their stock 330.

E46 said:
the spedometer isnt accurate enough

7.36 is kinda fast for a step 325 w/intake

1 - 14 of 14 Posts