BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just disabled the valve on the 330 exhuast and went for a quick drive ... the car is noticeably louder and has a deeper note and i don't notice any performance lost ... will i have any problem if i leave it like this?

·
Owner
4,056 Posts
Derek330xi said:
i just disabled the valve on the 330 exhuast and went for a quick drive ... the car is noticeably louder and has a deeper note and i don't notice any performance lost ... will i have any problem if i leave it like this?
You should not have any problems. The valve is there to vary back pressure. As your car requires more power, the valve will open accordingly to maintain the ideal amount of backpressure. By leaving the valve open all the time, you might lose just a little bit of low-end power, but in no way would this cause any problems to your car.

·
www.my330i.com
1,911 Posts
The flap doesn't affect backpressure, only sound level...

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
hey how would i do this??????? I am interested. Will i need to do like little things or can i just yank it out? because i already have dtm tips welded on

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah, what all did you do? Where is the valve located, and was it easy?

·
2,317 Posts
there's a little rubber tube that comes in to control the valve, it's detachable by hand.

And yeah, it's a sound thing, not a power thing.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
hey where is the tube? is it in the exhaust? i dontthink i can reach it. damn GIMME SOMETHING TO DO [email protected]@!

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
ok w00t i got it out. I will be test driving right now. Thanks for the help DAAAAAAAAVE!!!

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
yea i plugged it with a screw. What will happen if i didn't plug it though???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Could someone please tell me where I might find this on a 1999 323i e46? I have a Supersprint Exhaust and, I am just trying to recoupe some of my wasted money from this unoticable exhaust :D .

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Full Time Hit Man said:
Only the 325 and 330 has it.
how come kurrimasta has a 2002 325 and he doesn't have it?

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
i just drove around for liek 2 straight hours right now. I love it

1 - 20 of 165 Posts