BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a big change in my car this is probably the best modification yet, I have a different M3.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i'm thinking about doing the diff too but was going to do a 3.91. what made you do the 4.01 over the 3.91? can you please elaborate on how different the car is.

·
www.piratecove.org
3,699 Posts
how rough was the install...were the bushings easy to deal with?

·
Banned
1,693 Posts
Awesome man .... just awesome.... what is your tacho in 6th at 80mph? How long does 1st gear take you to? Please tell us more.

AdamR

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To all the install was done in 2hrs, inregards to the questions of speed in the the gears a going to along straight awy this afernoon and I will post the numbers.
Aslo my descion from 3.91 to 4.10 was that all the Speed Challenge M3's are running on 4.10's.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
you pick a good all arouind rear end gear

years ago in the late 60'ies and early 70'ies all the muscle cars use that 411 rear gear. you can hit 70 or 80 easy for long distances with it.
the 64 to 70 gto had that gear as an opion get very good off the line with it to.
yrs ago a good highway gear was a 373 gear . but my favorite was always the 411 rear gear.
i am thinking of geting that in my 2003m3smg can you tell me
how much it was to put in your m3 and what is the top speed you can go for long distances with your car.
stock is 155mph what is it now with the 411 gears in your car.
i would like to thank you in advance for your answer to my questions. and ome more thing how is your gas millage todid it drop alot when you switch gearing to the 411 ????
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sent you a PM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts