E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 323ci..automatic

all my lights are fine nothing came up to indicate problem but i could feel the car acting up .

while i am driving the moment i let go of the gas. .. and as the car slows down.. i can feel the gear changing to down shift
when it does.. it take a while to change gear and i noticed that gas meater (under the RPM gauge)..pumping in more gas and car kinda jumps...
i have 40000 miles on the car i am hoping changing transmission fluid would fix this problem.. just hoping its not the tranny.

any one had a same issues"? or what do you think ??

·
Registered
771 Posts
blueE46ci said:
i have a 2000 323ci..automatic
it take a while to change gear and i noticed that gas meater (under the RPM gauge)..pumping in more gas and car kinda jumps...
Woah!
are you talking about the instantaneous mpg meter?
If so I think you are majorly confused about what this meter measures.
There is no meter that measures how much gas is being "pumped in".

-Jer

·
Registered
317 Posts
Your car

Does your car get to normal temperature quickly? by normal I mean half way between hot and cold in about 10 minutes.

I had a very similar problem, car was drinking more fuel, real sluggish, after replacing my thermostat the car is like a new animal!

Fuel has improved by 50%, car is smooth as ice and very quick off the mark...

My thermostat was stuck open, most the time car was cold...

keep us posted... :thumbup:

·
Registered
671 Posts
when do you usually need a new thermo? after how many miles? what are some symptoms that its bad?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Tichx said:
Does your car get to normal temperature quickly? by normal I mean half way between hot and cold in about 10 minutes.

I had a very similar problem, car was drinking more fuel, real sluggish, after replacing my thermostat the car is like a new animal!

Fuel has improved by 50%, car is smooth as ice and very quick off the mark...

My thermostat was stuck open, most the time car was cold...

keep us posted... :thumbup:
it's funny cause my thermostat was replace yesterday under warranty. :craig:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Symptoms

L-I-B said:
when do you usually need a new thermo? after how many miles? what are some symptoms that its bad?
Exactly what I said above are the Symptoms, normally at 60K, mine went at 53K..

If it's stuck open your car will be cold, if it's stuck closed you will know as your car will be overheating!

If you DIY the part was 35 pounds in the UK; not that hard to change if your mechanical minded. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
81 Posts
L-I-B said:
Mine just show the "Engine Service Soon" light.......Took it to autozone they told me the problem i believe the code was p0301 im not sure...took it to the dealer it was replace under warranty ..m,y car is at 48,700 miles....symptoms? None... i didn' noiticed any difference on the car... i felt a difference after i picked the car from the dealer.... iguess i was used to it.. :dunno:

·
Registered
22 Posts
had to get my thermostat changed because the coolant light kept turning on even though i had it topped up (69k miles). It is manual though and i didnt really notice any other problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts