E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas quick question. How do I know if my 2000 328i Sedan has DSP or not?

I have a 3 pin and 6 pin plug in the back. The guy I bought it from seems to have switched the factory cd changer with a Alpine 5960 :dunno: and it has a module that looks very similar to the blitzsafe module.

Here's my problem... I'm trying to get an XM unit but I need to purchase a Blitzsafe module that has auxilary RCA inputs. I noticed they sell a DSP version and one without. WHich one do I get?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm thinkin' get the non-DSP. I'm pretty sure DSP is only on 5ers and up, I don't think e46's have DSP on either stock or HK systems. The 3-pin is power and 6pin is audio/data/control to/from the HU.

HavocWreaker said:
Hey fellas quick question. How do I know if my 2000 328i Sedan has DSP or not?

I have a 3 pin and 6 pin plug in the back. The guy I bought it from seems to have switched the factory cd changer with a Alpine 5960 :dunno: and it has a module that looks very similar to the blitzsafe module.

Here's my problem... I'm trying to get an XM unit but I need to purchase a Blitzsafe module that has auxilary RCA inputs. I noticed they sell a DSP version and one without. WHich one do I get?

Any help is appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.