BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I go to the dealership, I always leave with a couple of these light sracthes as a result of the dumb asses washing my car. First time was enough but again today. WTF. I told myself to tell them not to wash my car but I went to a new dealership today and it was raining outside. I would think because of the rain they would not wash my car but they did it anyway.

The service advisor never told me they would wash my car, as I was finishing up the paperwork with the cashier. She told me it would be just a few mintues as they were washing my car .......man......but they started. I didn't want no stinking free cash wash + it was a half ass car wash too. Still dirt on rims and car. Went home, rain stopped around noon, went out and first thing that came out was "[email protected], NOT AGAIN!". Time to bust out the buffer.

Just a word of advice to you guys. You should wash your own cars, do not let these guys touch them because they don't give a **** about your cars. They never rinse off their equipment after a car, thus leaving crap on there that can damage the next car's paint. Plus to top it off, the new dealership was gay. Small ASS LOUNGE, NASTY COFFEE, not even a bagel or doughnut for breakfast. No fast food resturant within a resonable walking distance but SERVICE was OK.

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
mickey513 said:
Everytime I go to the dealership, I always leave with a couple of these light sracthes as a result of the dumb asses washing my car. First time was enough but again today. WTF. I told myself to tell them not to wash my car but I went to a new dealership today and it was raining outside. I would think because of the rain they would not wash my car but they did it anyway.

The service advisor never told me they would wash my car, as I was finishing up the paperwork with the cashier. She told me it would be just a few mintues as they were washing my car .......man......but they started. I didn't want no stinking free cash wash + it was a half ass car wash too. Still dirt on rims and car. Went home, rain stopped around noon, went out and first thing that came out was "[email protected], NOT AGAIN!". Time to bust out the buffer.

Just a word of advice to you guys. You should wash your own cars, do not let these guys touch them because they don't give a **** about your cars. They never rinse off their equipment after a car, thus leaving crap on there that can damage the next car's paint. Plus to top it off, the new dealership was gay. Small ASS LOUNGE, NASTY COFFEE, not even a bagel or doughnut for breakfast. No fast food resturant within a resonable walking distance but SERVICE was OK.
Which dealer did you goto? I went to claridges, recently, they said they'll keep my car for a 1-3 hours. I lefting thinking they wont wash my car, but when i picked it up later that day, it was cleaner than when i dropped it off. But right when i got up close, i saw swirl marks up the ass. :banghead: I should've just told the service advisor to NOT wash my car, but i figured that they weren't going to.

·
Registered
222 Posts
mickey513 said:
Print out some of these for your next visit. I put one on the dash and hang one from the rear windshield.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Didn't know some BMW dealers gave free car washes after service, my local dealer never did.

Anyways, always avoid free washes at the dealer, even Lexus dealers don't give a crap about your car when it's being washed.

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,376 Posts
Re: Re: I hate those free carwash.....

Terry Kennedy said:
Print out some of these for your next visit. I put one on the dash and hang one from the rear windshield.
LOL, I love the spanish. Definitely required down here.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Don't worry, lexus dealer is the same way, and both cars are black. The lexus dealer got an earfull when I requested them not to wash it, I had recently waxed it, and they still did.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
sduquette said:
Don't worry, lexus dealer is the same way, and both cars are black. The lexus dealer got an earfull when I requested them not to wash it, I had recently waxed it, and they still did.
Yeah, that's what I found out. They have great service but also don't give a crap about your car when it's washed.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Took mine to one dealership for service and was told none of their customer ever refuse a free car wash b/c they have on-site detail co. do all their car wash by hands. Mine came back looks like they used sand paper on it.....:ben: never came back to that dealership again

Onto another dealership for service and reminded service advisor 4x NO car wash. Ended up wrote on a piece of paper....NO CAR WASH PLEASE before it goes into for service....:flipoff:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Even if they do use cloth hand type washes they rarely if ever rinse the car enough to get the particulars off before putting the cloth on it. That will result in scrathes and swirls every time.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Free Car wash Free Bagels and doughnuts Damn. All my dealer has is a freakin water fountain. I even have to travel all the way to PA to get my car serviced because non of the dealers in NJ give you a loaner if you didn't buy the car from them. Even if you did, Open Road BMW (closest dealer to me) well give a Mazda as a loaner. Freakin Cheap Bastards.

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,344 Posts
I only let them wash it in winter. It's too hard to do at home and a salt-encrusted BMW is worse than a swirly one. I buff every spring anyway.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: I hate those free carwash.....

Terry Kennedy said:
Thanks, I need something like that for next time! The car wash dude was some mexican guy who looked like he probably had limited english abilities, if any at all.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ragiriad said:
Free Car wash Free Bagels and doughnuts Damn. All my dealer has is a freakin water fountain. I even have to travel all the way to PA to get my car serviced because non of the dealers in NJ give you a loaner if you didn't buy the car from them. Even if you did, Open Road BMW (closest dealer to me) well give a Mazda as a loaner. Freakin Cheap Bastards.
*not the dealer I went too this time*

but the dealer here in San Francisco had a comfortable lounge, coffee, soda, bagel, doughnuts, newspapers, magazines BUT horrible people working on your car. Had BMW loaner cars but only if you buy the car from them. Had shuttle and a $7 taxi voucher, which is good up to like 3 blocks.......

The new one I went to was a smaller dealership, had a small ass lounge, nasty coffee, no bagels/snack, nothing to read but the service was good and quick. I could have gotten a loaner from them since I bought my car from them, but I didn't trust having them move and store my car. Plus, this particular dealership didn't give out BMW loaners, they were contracted with enterprise. Did get a chance to sit in a new Z4 and wasn't really impress by it.....

·
www.piratecove.org
3,706 Posts
reaListiK, get that crap outta your sig!

also, free car washes suck, i got a scratch ones and made them take my car to the body shop and get rid of it

·
Registered
732 Posts
my dealer's carwashes arent bad actually...havent seen scratches..YET, and btw, they got a lounge, computers(for internet and other stuff i believe), coffee, cookies, doughnuts maybe.....i haven't been there in a few months but a friend of mine said they also got an ice cream shop now.....though im not sure, only problem is that the little road that leads there SUCKS major ass.....biggest focking potholes and so much dirt!

its like if you get a brand new car, ur gonna have to take it straight back or something.....or if ur test driving a car, now u can REALLY feel the suspension! they should fix that road....ne ways, I go to Field's, people there are nice too and its a big respectable dealership....the guys that work there(except car washers) wear little bmw jackets and do ne thing possible to help you out..usually, and......the list goes on, not a bad dealer!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Meh, I couldn't care less if my car came back with a few swirls....as long as there arent any HUGE ASS WHITE SCRATCHES down the side of it. I've put a few on there driving through the woods and the desert...trees and rocks like to do that to ya.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
I go in all the time to have my car washed and they do a great job inlcuding cleaning the rims and putting shine on the tires. I haven't noticed any swirl marks at all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts