BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hate the way my factory muffler tips are just dull and ugly.i have a 325ci so i have the double tips,id really like to just get some chrome tips to make it look a bit more cleaner.im not really looking to add any sound or performance.just want to dress it up a little nicer and i really would rather not have to weld anything on.just a simple bolt on tip would do just fine.i seen a few on ebay,does anyone have any suggestions or opinions or even photos of what theyve used.thank you guys ahead of time.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I have BMW tailpipe tips, chrome, part numbers: 18107500194
They just slip on, then are helped into place using a mallet.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
528 Posts
How hard are the old ones to get off? My 325xi has them, but they're pretty carboned up after 104k miles. I've spent a lot of time trying to get them clean, but new ones would just save me the hassle.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
I'm not sure what original color the factory muffler is, but I used Mother's metal polish and some 00 fine steel wool. Worked absolute wonders on my dirty ZHP exhaust. Even if yours is black, it'll still look a lot better if you get all the road grime off.

·
Registered
133 Posts
What did you use to paint it black? It looks good man! This chrome tips are a pain in the ass, i was trying to get them off first before i purchase a muffler tip from ebay. Does anyone have suggestions on how to take those 2 tips out?

Got tired of mine also. Did my chrome tips black. Still look good, no chipping,flaking.........

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,708 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts