E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my suspension parts order that included the BMW Performance strut bar and I'm pretty sure I got the wrong part... The ends look different than the pics on their site and from the pics I've seen here; the only hardware it shipped with was 2 each nut, bolt, and cover; and it's got a much more pronounced bend that would have it covering the oil filler cap even when set back as far as possible. I sent the vendor an email and hopefully will hear back tomorrow.. Just to be sure though, is this actually the completely wrong part or am I just missing the part that bolts to the strut tower and some hardware?

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
doesnt even look like the e46 one just by looking at the ends. It should be circular on the ends, so it connects to the 3 bolts on the strut tower

·
Registered
257 Posts
yes, wrong part. my perf strut bar has completely different ends(where it bolts to the strut tower). oh and get ready for the positive terminal mod. I think 330_zhp is right, the one you are showing looks like the one for the e9x

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never took a really close look at one so I was hoping the ends mine has bolted into the circular part I've seen on the E46 version. I double-checked my order and I definitely ordered the E46 version so I guess we'll see how well the vendor handles this... I'm hoping they just send out the right one along with a call-tag for the one they sent by mistake.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well this blows. I sent them (ECS Tuning) an email that I got the wrong part monday night. Their site still showed the bar as being available. Between that email that they never replied to and just now when I called, they apparently sold out and won't be getting any more.

Anybody know of a vendor besides ECS that has them for a good price? All I found so far is Tischer that still wants the crazy MSRP for it...

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found one from Patrick at BMW Parts Source. It was a bit pricier at 354+ shipping, but at least I found one. After I ordered mine on Wednesday he had one more left.

·
Registered
327 Posts
To high for me now :ben:, I have another priorities in the mean time :

- Dynavin $ 645
- Shark Injector $ 356

I do not want to go crazy buying things :excited:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts